Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thanks to all of you

Thank you, everybody, for all of the kind words that you wrote in the comments of my last post about losing our old girl, Penny. Each one comforted me is some way, and made my loss a little more bearable. So, thanks.

Here's something I've learned over my 50 years: It's amazing that a few words offered by (relative) strangers can do so much to support someone. But it really is true. It makes me realize the importance of my words, whether they're written or spoken, and whether I'm talking to a good friend or any person on the street or on the internet. I hope I'm always as kind to others as you all have been to me lately.

Ah well. More about the dog. Well, actually, it's more about me. I absolutely can not believe that I'm saying this, but I've been thinking that I want another dog.

Yes. That's me talking.

Me, who complained for 14 years about dog hair and dog slobber and dog farts, and having to lug 40 pound bags of dog food up from the car. I'm the one that cried no fair that I had to do the afternoon walks in the middle of winter. I'm the one that had a complete breakdown when the dog chewed my Emie Bishop hardanger "Noel" bellpull. I'm the one that felt sick when I saw a $20 bill chewed up under the kitchen table.

I swore that when this dog was gone there would be no more pets. It's been my mantra for the past several years. So I ask you...have I completely lost my mind??

I guess time will tell.

Anyways, on to other things.

I don't have any stitching to share today. I've had a couple of projects in the works, and I'll share photos later. Remember my scissor pocket from a couple of posts ago? Well, making scissor pockets has become my latest addiction. I've finished another one, and started a third.

Hm. I think that's a good excuse to buy more scissors. You think so?

Tomorrow I'm driving back to Erie again to meet up with Hella, my friend from Germany, and her kiddos. We'll do a little shopping, then head to Presque Isle to hang out at the beach for the rest of the day. I don't know if we'll hit a cross stitch store or a quilt shop, but whichever we decide, it'll be a treat for me because, as you know, I'm from the Land of No Quilting, Stitching, or Craft Stores.

Well, I'm already in a beachy state of mind, so...Later, dudes.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you've lost your mind. Despite the frustrations of pet ownership, I'd miss the companionship that pets bring. Sorry about Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, never say never correct? How about a little purse dog? ; ) No 40 pound bags of food and only itty bitty you know whats to clean up and itty bitty farts.
    I hope you have a great time with your friend and you hit the XS shop. I've been having trouble stitching since I learned that my XS friend in Ireland passed away. I got a gorgeous card for her parents and CL husband today, so that should help a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about Penny.

    My mom got a new dog no more than a month after they had "Oliver" put to sleep.

    We made it a couple months after we had Sabastian put to sleep and then added the second dog last week after DH said we'd never have 2 dogs at the same time. LOL

    I hope you find one that fits you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Lee! I wasn't aware. I am sincerely sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine your sorrow, but know some day I will. Penny was a wonderful friend for 14 years and you will always miss her, but there will be room in your heart for another. Though maybe this time it will be a cat! :-) I am SO sorry for not having known earlier. You are in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete