Monday, September 08, 2008

I'm SO out of titles, but I have lots of pictures

I swear I must have just typed ten titles for this post, but not a one of them made sense. Really...the part of my brain that searches for snappy titles must be on vacation today.

Or maybe it's still recovering from this past weekend. Let me tell you about lack of sleep. As I get older, it gets more and more difficult to recover after a couple nights of minimal sleep. I've always needed a good 8 hours, and I really struggle on any less.

Don't worry. My lack of sleep isn't due to anything bad or unhappy. We just had a crazy schedule this weekend, with a couple of unexpected complications that meant some weird hours.

Colleen had a fabulous cross country meet this weekend - She finished second in her race with a personal record time of 20:24.

Oh man...if she can consistently run in the 20 minute area....it'd be so wonderful. She wasn't the only one that had a good performance, because her team won the meet! Yay for our girlies!

We hung around to watch the college meet that followed the high school meet. She actually would have finished well in that meet, too. Not top 10, but certainly top 20. I think it was a real morale booster for her.

Oh, and we had a visitor in our yard Saturday morning. Well, I should say that he started on my porch. Scary? Yes. I think it's because I had grilled some salmon a couple of nights before, and maybe the grill smelled fishy? But he sniffed all around my grill, then he walked up the steps and looked in my sliding glass doors (Thank goodness they were closed - that wimpy screen barely keeps out the bugs). Then, finding nothing there, he decided to tear up my garbage can.



I stitched a little this weekend, too. I finished this for a SAL with my Yahoo group:
The design is from Quaker Faith, Hope and Love, by Midnight Stitching. I stitched it on a fabric sample of 35 ct. dyed from Vicki Clayton (luuuurrrrve her stuff!), and the color was called Quern Stones. (MUST-HAVE-MORE) And I used Crescent Colors silk in Mer Blue. Heavenly. I swear it almost stitched itself.

And have I shown you this before? I don't think so. I had finished this Altoid tin for the Monthly Finishing Challenge in August, but I never got around fo finishing the inside of it. And since I had made it with Dianne (giver of many tins!) in mind, I didn't want to show it to you until I had totally finished it and she had received it. Well, I finally got off my fanny last week and finished the inside and sent it off to her. The little teacup is from LK's Tea Crazy.

Well gang, I think that's it. Snappy title or not, I'm glad you visited!

9 comments:

  1. I hear you about the title thing...it really stretches my brain to try to think up something clever.

    Congrats to your daughter! And that is a really cute tin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter and her fellow team mates.

    I get squirrels in my back yard and you get bears! Didn't you as him to clear up the mess?

    Cute tin but you didn't show the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Colleen!

    Lovely tin and I really like the Quaker piece.

    MMMM don't think I'd fancy seeing him in my garden! Next door's rotweiller is bad enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tin and Quaker project. I don't think I'd like that sort of wildlife in my back garden. a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a good title-'Not running from bears'!
    Yeah for Colleen! Bri (DH) was a runner in high school and college. Sean ran in h.s.
    I don't know what I would do if I say a bear in my backyard! The wildest beastie I've seen is a fox.
    I like your 'Faith' piece a lot and of course I'm still showing off the tin you stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a 'Unionville' down the road from here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the sweet little tin on Dianne's blog - very cute! Congrats to your DD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tea tin. You're getting a lot of mileage out of that fabric.

    My grandparents had a cabin in the Adirondacks that was perpetually visited by the bears. You're fortunate that it only attacked your garbage can.

    From the perpetually sleep-deprived...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a visitor you had!
    A great job onthe tin top!

    ReplyDelete