Monday, September 22, 2008

My first and last floss tag



Well gang, I had stitched this little guy for the Monthly Finishing Challenge, and during September our challenge was to make a floss tag. This month I've seen some really lovely tags. If you go to the challenge page, you'll see some really neat stuff. And I like my tag, too.

My problem? Cutting that hole in my stitching gave me the willies. I know, I know...we cut away fabric for hardanger, too, but that's different. There are wonderful little kloster blocks giving us a feeling of security. Sticking my scissors in that corner there and making a hole just felt wrong. So I don't think I'll be doing that again...Just call me a weiner.

But if you'd like to test your nerve, Staci has the best tutorial I've seen. Go there if you're courageous....

10 comments:

  1. Cute floss tags! The more I see these, the more I'm pretty sure I need to make one of my own. I love the blue fabric you stitched on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's cute! I love the fabric.

    I use eyelet pliers for mine, so it's a bit like using a hole punch, much cleaner and easier than taking a pair of scissors to your stitching ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your floss tag, it's really sweet - you don't want it to get lonely do you? You have to make some more LOL

    I use a stiletto to make the hole in mine, it feels less drastic and more needle like - you could use a knitting needle also...

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it's so cute! You must make more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the floss tag...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your floss tag Lee! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is a beauty. I know how you feel about poking into the fabric, I had the same feeling even thou knowing that it does looked good in the end. Try out with an eyelet cutter that comes with a hole cutter, you'll feel better and will enjoy doing more.

    Thank you for entering in my giveaway, I am sorry you didn't win.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tag you've made, but I understand. It just goes against everything we have learned not to do. HAppy Stitching, CJ(ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made my first floss tag by stitching a diamond eyelet enlarge with an awl but I just finished one using a Crop-a-dile and it was fine even if I did leave it a couple of days before I attempted it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the floss tag, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete