Sunday, November 30, 2008

Are we there yet?

Yes ladies, I am writing Post #500! So now I've posted 500 times in a little over 5 years, meaning that I average 1.932 posts per week. Not stellar, but not bad.

I hope my U.S. readers had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. We had a wonderful dinner here. My meal was pretty darn great. My guests brought pies that were equally great. And John had brought his Wii home, and even the older family members were laughing and carrying on while they bowled and played golf. It was a sweet day.

Friday was football - the WVU/Pitt game and Lets Go Pitt! We were really happy that Pitt won.

Saturday I visited a friend in Pittsburgh - lots of fun.

Today is rainy and dreary and perfect for a pot of spaghetti and meatballs, so we'll eat before the Steeler game and John will head back to college. But first I'll pack him some extra meatballs and turkey and pie and so on.

I finished the last part of one of the camp projects. It was supposed to be a biscornu, but it was too tiny and fussy for my limited patience, so I finished it as a needlebook.

I'm turning back to Souvenir Sampler now...Closing in on that finish, also!

OK, now to the #500 Celebratory Give Away! Some of you may remember my obsession with scissor pockets, and I'm feelin' the need.... So if you comment on this post, I'll enter your name in my drawing for a scissor pocket. I don't have one already made. Once you've won, I'll contact you so that I can make something specifically for you. You can comment anytime until 12AM EST on December 4th, and I'll draw the winner on the morning of December 4th. Sound ok?

Good luck kiddos!

17 comments:

  1. Mmmm, spaghetti and meatballs~~one of my faves! Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving too :) Your needlebook turned out lovely.

    Congrats on 500 posts, wow! I'd love to be entered in your drawing for a scissor pocket, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving - and congratulations on your 500th post - I'd love to be entered into the draw to celebrate :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 500! I'm on 454 - so I have a ways to go. Spaghetti sounds wonderful. I fixed a big pot of soup. Rainy and dreary here too. YUCK. Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. 500! Congratulations. Please enter me in your drawing.

    And check out my site. (Congrats again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 500! Yours is the first stitching blog I ever read - and one that I check regularly - so I've enjoyed many of that 500! I'd love to be entered into your drawing.

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your milestone! It is snowy here today, and I fixed spagetti also.

    Please enter me in your drawing. Your needlebook turned out great!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 500 posts- Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on reaching post #500! I've been enjoying reading here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for 500! Good for you. I really enjoy your blog, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for 500! I'm 2 posts away from 300 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, 500 already. I am new to blogging and am working on post 14 right now. But 500? LOL
    I would love to be included in your drawing.
    Hmmm, I better start working on something for my 500th post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 500th post! I always enjoy seeing what you are working on!

    Blessings and peace,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on 500!!

    I love that needle book. I think they are so neat...I should learn to make one for myslef.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your needlebook is gorgeous. Love the colours.

    Congratulations on your 500th post! I would love to be entered in your drawing for a scissor pocket please. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Lee, please enter me in the draw, and thanks for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete