Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

I hope that all of you enjoyed your holiday, whether it was with a crazy number of people or just celebrated quietly. Our Christmas had a combination of both, and it was nice because too much quiet makes me feel lonely, but too much commotion makes me aggravated. So this was perfect.

Christmas Eve was spent with friends and then in church. We were home by late evening and relaxed with just the four of us.

We had a very gadget-y Christmas Day, including a couple of Chumbys for the kids, (loved them!), an immersion blender for me, and a golf bag organizer for Dave. OK, Dave's doesn't plug in, but he also bought a Roku receiver for "us" to be able to stream Netflix movies, and that's certainly a gadget. So he's included, too.

My mother-in-law came for dinner. She's a nice person, and I really should invite her here more often.

I had thought that more people would stop by Christmas Day, but the kids' friends were working at the local resort, so it was kind of quiet after dinner. But we can always count on our very special guest...

Today I fit in a morning walk/run (it's about time...) and worked on some year end payroll stuff, and then Round Two of kitchen cleaning. Holiday dishes never seem to end....

Yawn. I'm even boring myself here. Let's hope tomorrow is more exciting.

Oh! I'm excited to have ten followers! What's even more exciting is that I thought I had ten, but then discovered that I was actually following my own blog, (Pitiful, I know), so I removed myself and that made nine, but now I'm back to TEN!

4 comments:

  1. Now you have 11 followers! I love the pic of the Rock! Too Cute! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help laughing: you were following your own blog !!! lol so funny !!! :-D

    Your special guest is pretty ... jolly! lol hope he didn't eat all the proteins in your house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have 12! And a partridge in a pear tree... Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, your guest is just scary.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete