Saturday, December 13, 2008

House tours for the architecturally challenged

So...the Old Allegheny Christmas House Tour was today, and for us, it went kind of like this:

Ooooh! Ahhhhh! Glass! Tiffany! Have you ever seen anything as beautiful? Look at the colors! Lovely!
(lousy photos, I know, but for me, stained glass is like impossible to photograph)

Then - House, yada yada yada. House, 12 foot ceilings, butler pantry, yack yack. House, house, historical, saved from wrecking ball, yada yada. House, house, house crown moldings, pine floors, blah blah.

Then, house WITH TRAINS! Yay, Yay!





All in all, it was a day well spent, and I'm glad we did it. I'm thinking that a whole new world is opening to Dave and me, and that maybe doing these grownup things again is going to be fun.

Once you get past all the yada-yadas.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me laugh. Isn't that what we're all thinking (yada, yada) at some point on these tours and yet we pretend that we're paying attention?

    ReplyDelete