Monday, December 22, 2008

My last ornament...I think



Back in 2005, my Yahoo group (Stitchers Time Out aka STO) did a freebie kit exchange. I think we each kitted up a free design, some threads, and embellishments and traded them with each other. Well, I stitched it quickly enough, but only just yesterday actually finished it.

Don't ask me why I used purple pins. I was in a purple mood. It's also backed in purple felt.

Here's something cool for those of you who are like me and are still wrapping presents (yes, even on Christmas morning). It's a neat little tutorial on how to make gift bags. Each year I start off by looking through last year's gift bags and wrap, then I buy a little more and think I have enough. But then DD and DS come and raid my stuff and when I'm last-minute wrapping, there's never enough of anything left.

So I'm going to show them (esp DD) this tutorial in the hopes that they'll leave my stuff alone. I'll tell them it's "green". That'll hook them.

4 comments:

  1. Cute ornament and you've finished it beautifully.

    Merry Christmas, may you have a great one and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finish! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really nice finish. Isn't it very satisfying to finish something that is stitched up for quite a while?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that one! It's so bright and cheerful.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete