Thursday, December 11, 2008

The versatile pinkeep!

I needed an exchange gift for an upcoming neighborhood party, and this idea had been percolating in my brain for about a week. It's a simple medium sized pinkeep ornament(except I hardly used any pins) and I added a pocket to the back to hold a gift card.
So here's the front:

And the side:

And the back with the card fitting inside:

And when the card is removed:

The design was a chart in one of the Pine Mountain Designs pillow kits, and I changed the threads a bit, using overdyeds for the greens in the tree and the red in the lettering. The fabric is a couple of scraps of what I think was 32ct. ivory Belfast linen. (The pillow is stitched with 11 ct. fabric, so it's much larger.)

I'm glad that I took a picture of this, because it may well be my one and only stitched Christmas gift this year. I envy you guys who can stitch Christmas things all through the year. I just can't make my brain work that way. Once I get past January - I'm through.

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I think it may be what everyone gets next year. Don't let me forget. Oh, except those two stockings I am going to finish early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ornament and a great way to enclose a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finishing idea, so perfect. I think I will keep that in mind for next year. But I'm a bit like you - when I start thinking about Christmas gifts it's already too late to stitch them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea Lee! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete