Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Genius Time!**

I took the advice of my very very ingenious friends here (Valerie and AnnaVS), and turned the plaid fabric at an angle, instead of trying to square everything up. I decided to forgo the twisted cording, too. It was too much to look at. And as I was working and cutting and gluing, I realized that the entire thing was pretty darn close to 8X10, so I decided to put it in a simple wood frame, rather than create an easel. And I'm super happy with the results!


Such a week! Horrible weather. Or as Dave would say: "A cocktail of winter misery". A court hearing yesterday for a complaint that I filed against a customer for giving us a bad check. Wow, now that's fun. And today the sun is out, but if you step out my front door, the wind will blow the hair off your head.

Ah, but here's a bright spot! This came from Barb, who has a new-ish blog called Stitching Again.

I am to list 5 of my addictions and then pass this award on to 5 other bloggers.

My addictions, in no particular order:
1. Good coffee. I'm a disaster if I don't have my two cups a day.
2. Wine, but in a good way! I wouldn't die without it, but I do love a glass of wine several times a week.
3. Hello? Stitching.
4. The Internet. Mostly blog reading, but I goof around a lot more than I should when I need to be doing something else.
5. Running. Even if I'm not doing it, I'm thinking about it.

Now, all of you have blogs that I think are just fabulous, so please play along if you'd like.

***Back in the early 90's, this house was Thomas the Tank Engine Fan Central. Does anyone remember the older show with Ringo Starr as Mr. Conductor? And there was a character called Schemer, who always said,"Genius Time!" whenever he had a hairbrained idea. (I loved Schemer...)

14 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog and I love the way you framed up your current finsih. I think the fabric turned at an angel looks faboulous :)

    Take Care
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Ringo Starr as Mr. Conductor! Also Schemer....Who played the lady agent? Does anyone remember?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that Didi Conn who played the lady agent? She was the one who played Frenchy in Grease.

    Love the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really a very good idea. Now the fabric looks like made for the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Barb! I believe that's who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a sweet framed piece. We have an ice skating rink for a yard right now, so I can relate to what you are going through-a bit anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job on the finishing. The angled fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I think it turned out perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic finish, Lee! I love the way you framed it. Nice little bargello addition, too.

    If only I could get addicted to running!

    ReplyDelete