Saturday, January 17, 2009

I love this little design

As you can see, I've recharged the batteries. Now I'm going to find an impenetrable hiding place for my camera...


I've had fun with this round of Interview Me, courtesy of Anna. She's asked some good questions, don't you think? So I've answered, and if you want to play, leave a comment and your email address and I'll send you my five questions. Other rules are listed below. And now I must go think of 5 questions...

1. The local news media shows up on your doorstep. It turns out your neighbor is a serial killer. You cannot say, "He was so quiet. This is such a shock. This kind of thing doesn't happen here." What do you say? (You can choose the neighbor.) That's an interesting question, considering that we've just finished watching Season 1 and 2 of "Dexter", who struggles mightily to appear normal. Honestly, I've always believed that you can never exactly know what goes on behind closed doors...but if it's the neighbor to my right, well, I guess I'd say I was not surprised. They are very reclusive. They have "improved" their home with 100% scavenged and stolen materials. He doesn't work and she doesn't drive. When I say hello to them on the road, they almost jump out of their skins. Most of the time, we find them vaguely amusing, but really - they are very odd.

2. What's the greatest invention created in your lifetime? Without a doubt, I think it's the small, affordable home computer. It totally changed my life, and the Internet was just an added bonus.

3. What was your best job? My best job was being a stay-at-home mom after Colleen was born. Nobody paid me, but the rewards were priceless. It was a great gig for 14 years, and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

4. Over the next 18 months, we're all likely going to have to cut back. Where will you make these cuts? What luxury will fight to save? Will you actually come to blows? (That last one is a joke.) This is particularly painful for me, because not only are my IRA savings disappearing, but I'll be getting two college tuition bills this fall. I've faithfully saved for college over the years, but let's face it...unless you're pretty darn wealthy, there's always a shortfall. Back when gas was crazy expensive, I was driving much less and I'm still thinking hard about my car trips. I've been working at keeping a frugal kitchen, so I've been using up leftovers like nobodies business. Eating out less. And we've cancelled one vacation. I'd fight to keep my stitching and sewing shopping, but I know it wouldn't come to that. I'm not insane when it comes to buying stash, and I work hard and contribute all of my money towards our savings (college and retirement), so if I budget $25 or $30 a month towards fabric, floss, and designs, it's no big deal to any of us.

5. Are you a good speller? I'm the most dangerous kind of speller - The type who thinks she's a good speller, but really isn't that great, so I convince other people that I'm right, thereby spreading my bad spelling throughout the land.

The Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address if I don't already have it, please.)
2. I will respond by e-mailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

9 comments:

  1. Oh that is the worst kind of speller. We've been better at using up the leftovers lately too. It helps that my cousin is a freezer-evangelist. She knows every cooked food that will survive the freezing process. "Here, put this soup in your freezer." And by golly she's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you should hide the camera because that is a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interview me. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paying for college is a tough one, but it seems like the best thing to do. I'm not sure what to say about your neighbors. Takes all kinds, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this little design too, your progress is super! That's a sweet thing you said about being a stay at home mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind being interviewed.
    Send questions to sewmanythoughts@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little design is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great verse too!
    Enjoyed your answers. I appreciate the SAHM answer. I've been lucky I could do that myself. I feel that I need to add to the income as all this downsizing around here is taking a beating on Bri. What to do? I guess try the school district again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely design Lee.

    I love your SAHM answer.

    ReplyDelete