Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my bloggy friends!


I hope you are having a special day!

After much ripping - again - I finished Spot of Coffee. Things were going along wonderfully last night, and I was almost finished, and then I noticed that I had white floss on my floss ring. Hmmmm. I hadn't used any white floss. Yet there it was...on my floss ring and with a symbol on the chart.

Well. Duh. I had misread the symbols around the windows, and had stitched the window trim in brown and it should have been white. I debated leaving the windows alone, but I have to say that the whole time I was stitching the house, I was thinking that its colors were kind of yucky. So I ripped it all out last night, and finished it this morning. Check out the difference after I stitched the trim in white. Correctly. I liked stitching this, even if it did make me feel dumb as a post.

10 comments:

  1. It definitely looks better with the white. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish - and yes, the white looks a lot better than the brown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white looks great and the whole house shows a different atmosphere with the white trim. Congratulations on finsihing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be too hard on yourself, Lee. We all make these mistakes sometime or another. :) Most of the time, I'll leave it, but there are those times when you know it has to be just right. The white trim makes a huge difference here!

    Congrats on finishing a great design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such things happen. Or at least, they happen to me too. Very frustrating. But you were right to take the brown out and replace it with white : the end result looks very nice, and who care how you got there ? ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a very sweet finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the white window trim looks better. Congratulations on the finish; it's a beautiful piece.

    Also, congratulations! You won my giveaway. No, I didn't fix it! But, when you see the little stitched piece that I'm including, you'll laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your finish, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated heart day greetings!
    Great finish too!
    Do you have a Facebook account? Lots of us stitchers are over there now.

    ReplyDelete