Monday, March 09, 2009

Finished, finished, finished!

How I spent my Sunday...
And now it's finished and ready to be framed! I'm absolutely framing this one. No putzing around. My birthday is at the end of the month and I've told Dave...no jewelry. No gifts. Cash for framing will be the perfect gift.

Here are a few parts that I especially like.
Johnny's initial, birthday, and one of his Varsity Cross Country pins.


Colleen's initial, birthday, and horse charm.


Our current house


Our first house:


That's a pin I bought at one of the CATS festivals back in the 90's. Originally, I was going to put a piece of my wedding gown there, but when I went downstairs with the scissors to decide what to cut....I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's not like my gown is an heirloom or preserved or even particularly nice. In fact, it's been balled up in the basement for the past 8 years,and before that, Colleen used it for dress-up. But I couldn't make myself cut it. So you know what I did? I tossed it into the washer, hung it to dry, and then put it in a big pillowcase and put it away again.

I'll show you my new stash once it arrives, but I'll show you this purchase earlier because it's coming from overseas and may take a long time. It's Moira Blackburn's Scottish Love.
I think it'll keep me busy for another four years...

20 comments:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful. I love samplers! The charms/pins are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just gorgeous! I love how you added the special touches to it!! That is just fantastic! I agree the cash for the framing would be the best gift right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on all of these finishes! I know that you're super excited to get that sampler framed...I would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely finish, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! Woo hoo!

    In other news, your gift from the giveaway was mailed this morning. Please let me know when you receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how beautiful! Congratulations on such a great finish, I love all the little personal details you have added.
    Love the border on Scottish Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous sampler with all of your special objects on it. Framing will be a great gift. Scottish Love looks like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this finish. Love it! One of my favorite things about stitching is the ability to personalize pieces and make them uniquely your own. What a fantastic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love all the little bits you have on the sampler...that just makes it very, very special, doesn't it!!! I love it! Spectacular finish!
    Love the new sampler too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it is a beautiful finish I love all the special little itmes that were placed on it.

    The MB sampler ahhhh I LOVE IT. This has been on my wish list I can not wait to see your progress on this one.
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Souvenir is so beautiful!

    When you get it framed, are you going to put an explanation of the symbols/initials in the back too, for future generations to discover?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy - definitely worth it ! Congratulations on a great work of art - I like the way you included family symbols.
    Have a great week,
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes.. that was my blog you saw it on. I enabled someone WOW exciting LOL

    I have not purchased it yet. I am waiting to wotle down some current WIP/UFO's :)
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! I love how you personalized it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, Lee, Souvenir Sampler is such a beauty. Gorgeous finish! I love all the details you added, they make it a kind of an heirloom.
    Moira Blackburn is one of my favourite designers. Her Three Things is one of my WIPs and I should continue stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow that is one beautiful, stunning finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Big congrats on a wonderful finish!! I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks framed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an outstanding project, Lee! I so enjoy how you've personalized it with your sentimental treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your finish is gorgeous!!!

    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete