Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quaker Fragment stocking

Oh boy, am I ever liking this! It's from the March stockings leaflet by BBD, and I'm stitching it over one thread on a scrap of 20 ct white opalescent jobelan with one thread of DMC.

The leaflet model is stitched in greens, but I was in a red kind of mood. And if it's used as a Christmas ornament, I think the reds will be pretty against a green tree. I'll have to adjust the stocking template that BBD provided, too. My stocking is too small for their template. Thank goodness for computers that can reduce images!


As for my posts of the last few days? You are all so, so kind to me with all of your words of encouragement! I'm very grateful for all of the advice and good wishes that you all offer. I mean it! Reading your comments always makes me feel better when my chips are down, and even happier when life is good.

Today's mail brought the acceptance letter and financial aid letter from another one of Colleen's favorite schools, and this letter, while far from perfect, was much more encouraging. So now it's decision time. I'm sure I'll be writing about this again before May 1!

12 comments:

  1. That's looking so sweet :) I think it's my favourite out of their new stocking designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are just beautiful for that piece, in my opinion!!! I am glad that Colleen got another letter and maybe some help! I pray that everything works out for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stocking in progress. I'm gonna be stitching those a little smaller, too, so I'll be watching to see how yours turns out. In other words, you go first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! It's going to be very cute when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your BBD stocking is adorable. It's looking wonderful. Good luck to your daughter for her college choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great start and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am currently stitching another BBD, but with the same colours (well, almost).
    Glad that Colleeen (and you) are finding a way out - I am sure everything will turn out alright in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful start. Best of luck to Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BBD's stocking designs and can't say which one is my favourite. They are all so lovely. You made a good start on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh-another person who likes sparkly fabric! I used it for the boy stitch from 'Giggles in the Snow' and it looks great.
    I'm sorry for all the hassle that John went through getting home from San Diego. Sean was just in Vegas for a conference and believe me, we were on pins and needles-he made out fine-whew.
    College can be so expensive! Sean got a few scholarships over the last few years from Barnes & Noble-like $2,500 each-we accept any help. He won't be going to grad school for a few years-he's burnt out. My mom was a single parent, so I ended up going to a community college and did just fine. I think if you look hard enough, there is something for everyone's pocketbook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fabric and floss colour choice, it looks very pretty.

    Good luck with choosing a school. I have a 16 year old son so I will be in your place very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all I must say that if you can not come to your blog and just let it all out and have your friends there to support you, then why have a blog? If you need to come on here and rant or just ramble, then do it! Isn't that what friends are for?

    Love that fabric and those colors!!! Can not wait to see you make progress on this piece!

    ReplyDelete