Friday, April 10, 2009

I forgot to share this with you

Several days ago we had some crazy weather, and as we were looking out the front windows early one morning, here's what we saw:

And I thought of that yesterday morning while I was listening to an interesting essay on my MP3 player. You can find it here, on Radio Lab. I thought it was a fascinating essay on hope, but you may see it differently. Give it a listen if you have 20 minutes or so to spare.

I've been walking much more than running these days. For running, I prefer to listen to music, but when I walk, I like listening to stories and radio shows. I get so deep in thought that the walk goes by super-fast. And sometimes I'm out on the road, laughing like a maniac.

I think Donna brought up that she had been dreaming about stitching recently. This is so odd, because I've never had a stitching dream, and now I had one last night. I was dreaming that I was stitching Tree of Life and looked down and it was almost done. I was so surprised and happy.

Well, I woke up this morning and had no recollection of the dream...until I walked by the chair where Tree of Life is sitting (yes, it's so big it has its own chair) and I wondered why it wasn't done yet. Then came the slow realization that it was just a dream.

I may not be back online this weekend, so I want to wish a Happy Easter and a blessed Passover to all of you!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    And so glad that Colleen has found a good college home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning rainbow - I drove through a rainbow once - it was quite magical!

    I have a dream stitching studio - I plan how I am going to organise it and with plenty of chairs and tables for visiting stitchers! And loads of storage space for lots of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just gorgeous pictures! God is an amazing artist!!! I have not had stitching dreams either and hope that ones like you had don't start! To find that a piece you think is done is actually not done because it was a dream would be a little of a dissapointment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos :)

    Hope you have a lovely Easter w/end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I hope you have a lovely holiday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos ... I love seeing rainbows. I also love your Gaelic Storm widget ... great song. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...Very nice vision.

    Happy Easter and many blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lee,

    Happy Easter! And what a stunning rainbow, thanks for sharing!

    Greetings from Holland, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool double rainbow! I love when that happens. I just got an MP3 player and will have to check out downloading things other than songs. I can picture you laughing on the road. And I so need to do more walking too.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful rainbow pictures.
    I'm only daydreaming about stitching, dreams like Carol's. Owning a stitching studio where you can hold get-togethers and retreats, or that one dream that will happen in three years when I'll retire adn will have all my time for stitching. How does that sound, lol.
    I hope you were having a great Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete