Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is it really April 22??

I should have known that once we were into track season, April would go by in a flash. And I imagine that May will go by even faster, with so many things to do as both kids finish their school year. Besides finishing all of her high school academic things, like taking AP exams and attending awards banquets, Colleen will still have three track meets to run, including one invitational and two WPIAL meets. John's college hosts a big invitational early in May, and we'll be there to move him out of his dorm and catch the meet at the same time. He should be running the 3000M steeplechase again.

Once John's home, I think it's going to be kind of hectic as we try to prepare him for his summer in California. But I can't talk about that right now. Even just thinking about it makes me too nervous.

We finally got Colleen's senior pictures. I was probably the last mother in Western PA to order them. It's so hard to choose, but I think we put together a nice package that kind of tells Colleen's story.
Yes girls, it's another post from me with zero stitching content. I've put a few stitches into Tree of Life, but not enough to be photo-worthy. Oh my - it occurs to me that I have two exchanges coming up soon, and they have to be fully finished by June 1. Yikes! Looks like I'll be taking some stitching to a couple of track meets....

Meanwhile though, I've seen some neat posts on fabric dying. This one was kind of neat. Her focus is more on dying cottons for quilts, but there were some nice examples of dyed linen.

14 comments:

  1. Your daughter has the loveliest and most radiant of smiles !
    Seems there are busy months ahead.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me, on next Monday my boy starts his 4-week challenge of morning & afternoon exams in order to hopefully join a business school... As a mother, you will understand that sleep is currently evading me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen is lovely and so natural looking. You should be very proud of your daughter and your son!

    Time is going to fly by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics of a beautiful girl. :) They grow up too fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures!!! I can't believe it's almost May either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter looks so pretty in her pictures. Even though we all know they grow up, it's still shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures ... my favorite is the one on the bottom right hand corner of her reading in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! What a beautiful daughter you have. I too love the one of her reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen is beautiful in her pictures. Hope you'll share a picture of the prom dress.

    Thanks for the link to that blog. I love the linen she's dyed. I'd love to do some of this myself, but I need more hours in the day! Not likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is beautiful. (I love the pictures !!! ) Kids grows too fast ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colleen is such a beautiful young lady! The pictures are wonderful! I personally especially like the one with her on the horse, of course I have a thing with horses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that lovely young lady! It's no wonder you want to plaster those pics all over your blog. Congrats to the proud mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos of Collen to a happy and proud Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lee, Colleen's pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I know it's a bittersweet time for you, but you picked some great photos that she will treasure for a long time.

    ReplyDelete