Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I want another weekend...

Just like the last one! The weather was very nearly perfect. I always work on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, and there were the usual household things to do, but for the most part, I relaxed. And I had some time both on Sunday and Monday afternoons to just sit on the porch, listen to the kids playing in the lake, and feel a warm breeze on my face. Oh - and I loved having time to work on this:
I may be jinxing myself by saying this, but I think I'll be finished by June 1, as long as I don't ruminate too long over how I'm going to finish-finish it.

Does anyone else have a difficult time making those decisions? I think myself into a circle, then procrastinate, then wonder why I find it laying in a drawer six month later. I'm over 50 years old now, and I've been stitching for well over half of those years, so for crying out loud, you'd think I'd have learned not to do that anymore.

As long as I'm delving into true confessions, I might as well tell you this. Now, I know I come off as being ultra-sophisticated and that you see me as one who only loves the finer things in life. So this confession almost pains me.

I love the Real Housewives series. Can't. Get. Enough. If it's on, I'll watch it. I don't care what city is involved, (although the New York ladies are my BFFs right now). I don't care if I've seen it before - I'll watch it again. It gives me great pleasure to sit in my poofy, cheap chair, wearing my pajamas that are actually old road race t-shirts and sweatpants, and maybe a cardigan if it's cold, with my bedtime bowl of cereal, and listen to their silliness. So now you know.

Finally, go over to my left sidebar and listen to Mat Kearney's "All I Have". Great stuff. I was listening to this the other day and John came into the room with his head tilted and walked up behind me and said, "Hey...I have this on my computer. That's good music."

So maybe I'm kind of cool after all. Or at least I have potential for coolness. But don't ask me to give up the Housewives.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching!
    I also have a hard time deciding how to finish pieces.
    Generally I don't worry about it until they are done anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want cable Lee!!!!

    Love this project you're working on! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, hope you make your goal. FYI I watch the Real Housewives myself, but only OC and New York, I love New York the reunion shows were so funny. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new piece!
    FYI-I have finished pieces in a pile on my little sofa in the living room that need to be finished into something-you are not alone.
    FYI-Only watched the Orange County HWs, but after seeing all the botox and kids with problems, I don't watch anymore. I love 'Clean House' and similar shows as I don't feel too bad when I see a pile or two of stuff in my house after seeing the pig pens some people live in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was addicted to the NYC housewives and watched the OC also. The NJ ladies make me nervous (lived in NJ during my teens and family still there) but it'll be interesting to see what develops. Stitching invites this mindless fodder, so I'm going to try to listen to books more, but these shows are great entertainment even if they are pretty pathetic.

    It's hysterical to see Kelly try to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely piece you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its so nice to know I'm not alone, I do the same with finishing pieces. I change my mind several times and then sweat over it as I'm doing it. I've seen your finishes and I have no doubt what ever you pick will be perfect for the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your progress is looking gorgeous! I did not know that there was any other way than to procrastinate! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee, you are NOT alone! I LOVE the Real Housewives tooooo!!! Sssshhhh...don't tell! LOL And I LOVE Mat Kearney!!! Great stitching! Gotta love the BBD pieces!!

    ReplyDelete