Saturday, May 30, 2009

La-D-Done!

I spent most of the day helping at a golf scramble, but knew that when I came home I only had a few more stitches to put into Quaker Alphabet. And even though I wanted to come home and take a long nap, I knew that I wanted to finish this even more:
Yay!
If you want to know...(and I think Melissa asked?), here are my fabric and thread choices:

Fabric: 28ct. Lugana that I coffee and tea dyed, using Vonna's Bake and Baste Method.

Lettering: DMC 535

Dark green: About half is stitched with Vicki Clayton Premium Hand dyed silk named Ceibo. The other half is DMC 520. If you want to use all silk, you'd need at least 10 yards. I only had 5 on hand. Personally, I loved the Ceibo and the DMC 520 wasn't a perfect match (a little too much yellow in the green), but it was the best I could do. Really - spring for the 10 yards of VC hand dyeds. I would have if I had planned to kit this up from the beginning, but this project was more about experimenting with fabric dying and using up some existing thread stash.

Light green: VC Premium silks, but I've lost the color tag. It's almost an exact match to DMC 3816. Five yards was enough.

Finally, if you want a terrific giggle, head over to read The Tale of the SAL. Tell me that's not a great post!

15 comments:

  1. Love your La-D-Da Quaker Alphabet finish, congrats. Also loving the Tale of the SAL, waiting for the next installment. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish! The fabric is great! What fabric did you start with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, it looks fantastic! Thank you for your email - I rushed over to see your colours. Alas, I think I have to start mine all over again as I like your colour combo a lot - the contrast is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice. So nice I'm sitting here castigating myself for even dreaming of buying another project.

    And thanks for the Tale of the SAL tip. Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty is that? I love it...and I need to pull mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrads on the finish. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO pretty!! I think I'm going to have to stitch it sooner rather than later. Love your exchange finish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!!! I'll have to check out Vonna's Bake & Baste Method!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finish! It looks fantastic!

    Love your My Gift to You finish.

    Congratulations to Colleen too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, this looks terrific. Very beautiful on the baked fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO pretty, congrats on a terrific finish!! Thanks for visiting and posting at my blog!:)

    ReplyDelete