Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back from Vacation

Well! That was some kind of trip! San Francisco, Bass Lake, Yosemite, Oakland, then back to San Francisco. Visiting with John was the highlight of the trip. I'm a worrier...I can't help it. So it was good to see him happy and working hard and to meet his coworkers. Nice kids, all of them. (When do you stop calling them "kids"?)

Of course, I have lots of photos to sort through and post. I promise I won't go overboard, though.

But today I'll show you a couple that don't have much to do with where we went, but that fit a stitchy blog very well.

First of all, you might remember that a while back I won a wonderful gift from Anna. It was a wristlet pincushion, and I thought it would be perfect for airplane stitching. And because of the way that she made it, not only was it a perfect compact way to anchor your needles, it also had a sleeve in the back that exactly suited my scissors! Look:

This was absolutely the ideal thing for stitching on a plane. Or in any situation where you have positively no room to put anything down. So, I'm saying Thank You to dear Anna all over again!

Now a scene that completely and totally amazed me. On our last day in SF, Colleen and I were at Alamo Square and amid all of the signs screaming for attention we saw a sign for Needlepoint, Inc. It was shortly after 5PM, but we thought, what the heck - as long as we're here. They were open, but closing in minutes, and I don't think they particularly appreciated our browsing, but they didn't rush us off too quickly. At least they let me buy a couple of skeins and take a photo or two. So here's the amazing sight of that day - The Wall of Silk:

I'll have some family/scenery type photos later this week!

12 comments:

  1. That is such a great pincushion! And that wall is incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Love that silk wall.

    What's John's job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home! Looking forward to hearing more about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Needlepoint, Inc. Went there years ago and came home with some wonderful silks that I still dip into on occasion. Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna go to Needlepoint, Inc! They would've slapped me for petting the silk.

    Sounds like a great trip, and that's a fabulous pin cushion by Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the trip was good. Would love to see that silk wall in person, awesome. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever pincushion. I am surprised they allow scissors on the plane. Secruity almost broke my heart when they threw away my first pair of gold stork scissors !
    Never bought any Needlepoint silk - very tempting when you look at the picture !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful trip Lee! Welcome home... I just sent you an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so envious of your gift from Anna! How clever and perfect is that for stitching on the go???

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good reason for visiting San Francisco - to visit the silk! How pretty a wall is that.

    And, Miss Anna, you are too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very clever pincushion. Wow look at all that colour!

    ReplyDelete