Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Lucky me!

Here's what I received as part of the BBD Exchange. It's from the lovely Anna S., who lives in Poland. A sweet needlecase!

Front:

Inside:

More inside!
You can see that she's used some of the BBD quilting fabric. Love it!

Well, I put John on the plane to California yesterday and he's arrived safely, although his luggage was destroyed. (Again. It happened on his way home from San Diego in the spring, too) What should I use for luggage for this kid? I know...I'm going to use the bags that come inside the cereal boxes. Those are impossible to open.

And I ask you - is there any drive more stressful than the drive to the airport? I don't care how early I leave, I'm always a nervous wreck on the way there. In normal traffic, we're about 2 hours from the Pittsburgh airport and those are always two of the longest hours of my life. Luckily, yesterday wasn't too bad - but then again, we left at 4:30AM and the light traffic was moving really fast, so I made it there in 90 minutes. Phew.

Time to work. Blech.
Have a great day, everybody!

18 comments:

  1. That's a lovely exchange! And your Quaker Alphabet finish in the previous post is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazingly gorgeous gift you received! Gorgeous work done on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely! And your cereal bag comment got a chuckle out of me! How true that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely needlecase from Anna. Enjoy!
    I know about destroyed luggages. Happened to me, to my daughter and to my son. Seems to be a family thing here, too. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! You are soooo lucky! Such a beautiful needlecase from Anna! Her work is amazing!
    Too funny about the cereal bag...and so true...lol!
    And yes! Driving to the airport is very stressful! An hour to San Antonio or an hour to Austin! Both drives are horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your needlebook gift is just lovely. An I agree with you LOL the cereal bags should work. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very glad you like it, Lee! It was my very first needlecase and I had to guess out how to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a truly lovely exchange piece!

    LOL I know what you mean about those bags that contain the cereal, I always have to get the kitchen scissors out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this needlecase! As a matter of fact, I have it on my list for the next time I'm at my CS store.

    I'm new to your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I, too, love La D Da.

    BTW, I'm 90 miles north of Pittsburgh and we always fly out of Cleveland. I guess we're kinda "neighbors" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful needlecase! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous needle case. Love the finish - you are a lucky lucky girl! Love your blog too!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow you are so lucky! That is absolutely gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous exchange!! Anna does such beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'm finally getting a few minutes of computer time...I read several posts back but am only commenting once. Your Quaker Alphabet is just beautiful!!!!!!! Congratulations for having a talented graduate in the family, hope she goes on to some beautiful things. And you needlebook is lovely. Oh, and of course your TUSAL jar looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The needle book is absolutely beautiful! Love your idea to use the cereal bags hehe ;o) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a wonderful job! That's one thing I haven't made yet-thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete