Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mostly done

I've been working on this small project for a Quaker exchange. I still need to complete the other half and then finish-finish it by June 30. It's a motif from a Long Dog sampler. Luuuurve the thread - Indian Jewelry (#389) by Soy Luster. It's brighter in real life, but it's a cloudy day and my photo editing software disappeared with my recent computer meltdown.
I hope to get this finished during our vacation. It's coming up really fast, but let me tell you...I need this vacation. We're headed to San Francisco for a day or two, then to Bass Lake to see John (!), then back to SF for a couple more days. He sounds very excited about our visit, and we're excited to get there. It's going to be an adventure!

17 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely thread colour indeed! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog--we are practically neighbors! I live just north of Pittsburgh...Welcome to the world of "empty-nesters"--my three sons are practically on their own now (well the youngest is a junior in college). Anyway... love your blog and your work--what a lovely color of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color! A vacation sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a fine time in CA. They way this summer is going, we may end up in lovely NJ and nowhere else, but if we do that, a trip to NYC might be arranged.

    Neglected to comment on the "other graduate" in the family. You do have a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that really is lovely thread! I've never heard of Soy Luster. I'm definitely going to have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color your using is just lovely! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee! Beautiful start! Have a TON of fun in California. I'll email you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that floss!! I "need" to get some of that...lol...

    Have a wonderful vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful floss color! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That thread colour is absolutely beautiful.

    Enjoy your holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Quaker motif looks great, you used a very nice colour. What I always love about the Quakers is that you can stitch them with all sorts of variegated threads and they look so great with Your vacation trip sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just looooooove that colour !
    you've got a really nice blog !

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, congratulations to your daughter!

    Secondly, I love the blue you chose for this piece. It's gorgeous!

    And finally, your vacation sounds like a really good time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Quaker Exchange piece! And really love working with Soy Luster threads! Have fun on your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really lovely thread! What a pretty summery WIP. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete