Monday, June 08, 2009

Ugh. No stitching this weekend

I had only a little time to stitch on Saturday night, but we went to a friend's house to watch the Penguins game and although I took stitching with me, the lighting wasn't good and the eye strain was too much.

Then on Sunday - healthy me, I go out to run in the morning and get stuck running through swarms and swarms of gnats. Later that afternoon, my eye was really bothering me, so I tried eye wash and artificial tears. I couldn't see anything in my eye, but it just got worse and worse. I was in bed really early last night. You know how when your eyes hurt, everything hurts? Ugh.

So I went to the eye docs this morning and sure enough, I had a gnat stuck on my cornea. She numbed it, used her little tool to remove it, and all I can say is Thank God. My eye is still a little swollen, but it's worlds better than last night.

It's always something, isn't it?

12 comments:

  1. Rosanna Rosanna-danna couldn't have said it better!

    Ouch, that was nasty. Poor you. I hate bugs. I really do. I haven't had one in my eye but I get bitten a lot (eg mosquitos).

    I hope the rest of the week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! Glad you got it removed! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick...nothing like a little bug in your eye!

    Did DD graduate yet? Pictures please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eyes were watering as a read this. ooooow. Glad it's better, CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awful. It makes me shudder just to think of it. Well, it would not happen to me, I keep postponing the day when I am going to run... I hope your eye recovers very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Run with goggles!!! LOL
    V2 (Bettes) was in NE KS on Sunday and he's BACK! Ugh.
    I cleaned out my desk and guess what I found underneath it???? That piece we were stitching for a scissor keep! I finished what I could, but I need to pick up a thread to finish the rest.
    I hope you get to stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog look!! Colors, pic:)

    What?! How crazy is that? So glad they got the gnat off your eye! Hope you're feeling much better now:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch!!! That'll teach ya to be "healthy"...LOL

    Those gnats are terrible and if I'm outside with 100 people...the bugs head right for me and leave everyone else alone!!! Must be I'm sweeter...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, jiminy crickets. I am a freak about stuff with my eyes and have had ripped contact lenses stuck in them... but never a bug. Yucko! I'm glad you were able to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yuck. That sounds awful. Glad you were able to get it sorted and hope it's feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really sounds terrible and I was glad to read in the other post that your eye is so much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eyestrain is often caused by excessively bright ambient lighting — either from outdoor sunlight coming in through a window or from harsh interior lighting.

    ReplyDelete