Saturday, July 04, 2009

I'm giving you a break...

From my vacation pictures. But just for today. Then you'll have to suffer for a few more days.

Yesterday I had the day off. And amid several teenage crises, I managed to frame these two things from the Basket of Old-But-Not-Forgotten Stitchery. I've collected odd frames from flea markets here and there, and these two worked out nicely.

First up is a little stitching from two summers ago - a Little House design.

Next is a freebie from Blue Ribbon Designs. I stitched it last summer, and liked it so much that I went on to order some other charts. They're relaxing and fun.
I worked on a third project, too, but it needs more than just the frame. So I'm headed to JoAnn's some time today or tomorrow...I hope. That is, unless my children cause me more headaches.

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty framing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Don't forget your Joann's coupon--it's a good one for the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects both look great framed up. Congrats on the finished finishes. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both so cute and so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely frames & stitching! i've never tried framing myself, do you lace the stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are looking very good. Nice choice of the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely framing on both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the finishes! I've got so many piled up to do.

    I hear ya on the teenage crises...dealt with some yesterday myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great frame works. Blue ribbons pretty, did you encounter any problem with the chart?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely framing!

    I love your vacation pics! It looks like a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL! I love that BRD freebie...I have them all too...not stitched them though and yours is calling to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete