Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pictureless post

After all of my earlier picture-laden stories about vacation and stitching and so on, I fear that this post will seem a little bare.

We've had a quiet week so far. The weather has been unbelievably beautiful, with warm days, cool nights, and low humidity. I even went and hung out at the lake beach this past Sunday - something I haven't done for a while. I took stitching, intending to sit quietly and work on my latest small project, but I sat with neighbors and before I knew it I was talking the afternoon away. It made me realize how much I missed their company.

(In the past, I've always blamed other people for my inability to stitch at the lake, because they'd always come over to talk to me. After Sunday, I can see that it's entirely my own fault. I blab as much as the next beach bum.)

I did a little online shopping last week. As if I needed to buy more things to stitch...But I decided that I had to have the BOAF Kindness Sampler, seen here as stitched by the lovely Nina. Sometimes stitchery just reaches out and GRABS you, you know?

I also ordered a little BC chart, "I Do". Nice for weddings and anniversaries, I think. And I finally ordered Waxing Moon's "My Needle and Floss". I know it's the Traveling Stitcherhood chart...but I'm convinced that it will never come to me as part of the blog drawings, and then what's a girl to do?

And now I think it's time to draw my purse strings, because I'm saving up for CAMP! I've chosen a different stitching camp this year - one that I can drive to. Don't get me wrong. I loved my trips to The Silver Needle in Tulsa. The shopping and the stitching were both great, but the travel was long and even with using airmiles, the plane fares and car rental fees were expensive. And since I cashed in every single one of our air-miles for the trip to California, I'm air-mile-poor for a while.

So this year I'm going to Camp Gottastitch in Charm, Ohio and sponsored by Cross My Heart in Columbus. It's totally drivable, and then I can spend my hard earned money on stitching rather than airfare and car rental. The only drawback will probably be the weather. Tulsa in November was lovely. Ohio in November? Well. It'll be familiar. Brisk. Maybe even bracing. Good for sitting inside and stitching.

My next quest will be for a beach retreat. Anyone...Anyone?

Oh dear. Time to get back to work. Ew.

9 comments:

  1. Did someone say beach retreat?! Count me in! I'd love to go to a stitchy retreat but it seems like most of them are mid-West to East Coast. I wish there was something out my way.

    Sometimes you just need to buy a little stash for yourself. It eases the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun on your retreat. Did you say beach retreat. Cross Stitch Pals has one every October in Myrtle Beach. It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retreats sound very fun!
    Your stash sounds lovely, I saw Nina's sampler too and can understand the 'had to have it' feeling!
    I've really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the pics. Thank you for sharing them.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great, a stitching retreat. One of my dreams for the time of my retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny Lee, I had just seen the "Kindness Sampler" last week and admired it--can't wait to see your progress. We're off to the beach tomorrow--can't wait to have some warmer weather. I mean, is this really mid-July or the beginning of October :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stitching Post hosts one in Ocean City, MD. Unfortunately, it's usually in October, so not exactly beach weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new stash sounds great! Your stitching camp sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new stash sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great time at camp!!!

    Please stop by my blog and see the July 17th post as there is something there for you!!
    http://stitchingkorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what happy stashing you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete