Monday, July 06, 2009

Wednesday - Relaxing at Bass Lake

We were pretty tired out after our day in Yosemite, so we spent the next day being as vegetable-like as possible. Except that I went to the laundromat in the morning and did a couple loads of laundry. Really....not very picture-worthy.

The Bass Lake beaches weren't very beach-y, but luckily our house rental came with dock access, so we relaxed on the dock. Besides, the beach was waaaaaay over there.

The dock was quite pretty.

Dave always pokes around about getting in the water.
But not Colleen - always the first on in!

And then there's me. Luckily this isn't a video, or else you may have heard me snoring.

In the evening we had John and most of his co-workers over for spaghetti and meatballs. It was so wonderful. They all seem like very nice people and interesting people, and the conversation was a nice change of pace, (after having spent the past few days with Wordless Dave and Perpetually Annoyed Colleen). I was glad that we got to meet them and know who he's living with through the rest of the summer.

Thursday - back to San Francisco! I'll show you my Chinatown pictures tomorrow.

But now...back to the present! I framed two more pieces over the weekend.
Here's something I stitched a few summers ago, and this winter I found a neat white-washed frame for it. Still, it looked too bare, so I went to JoAnn's looking for some yellow cording but I liked this rickrack better.
And finally....Souvenir Sampler is framed!
And if you're reading via a reader, click over to my blog and click on the music player in the left sidebar and play the song by Vienna Teng. Lovely voice.

10 comments:

  1. Souvenir Sampler finished! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you finished the flip-flops! Souvenir Sampler looks lovely, the mat really sets it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Perpetually Annoyed Colleen"... boy, I could tell you are with a teenager w/o even knowing how old your daughter is! ROFLOL Lawsie mercie, I know your pain. And enjoyment. :) It sounds like you are having a FABULOUS time--love the pics!

    Your framing is gorgeous!! Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two more lovely framing jobs :-)
    your photos look so peaceful, i especially like the one of the dock, all that blue sky!! We have just got rain clouds to see at the moment, when it rains it sure is bucketing down, lol. Save watering the garden i suppose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you sure have been getting a lot of framing done Lee. While you're on a roll maybe you would like to drive over and do some of mine :) Beautiful jobs on all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your Souvenir Sampler finish on Gallery of Samplers. Love it! I bought this sampler about 2006, spent all this time personalizing it and have yet to stitch it. Seeing how beautiful yours is inspires me to pick it up again! I see you put your own houses in it, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, you sure are on a roll with the finishing! That's great, and I really need to take a cue from you.

    Perpetually annoyed and wordless? Sounds familiar. I am probably more the annoyed one though. My DD is so sweet natured.

    I have to give you a thumbs up for posting a pic of yourself in your b-suit. You are a much braver woman than me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like total blissful relaxation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd really like to go to this lake immediately and stay for for the next weeks. Would be great ...
    Souvenir Sampler looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More gorgeous framing!

    I'm vacationing vicariously through your photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete