Monday, August 17, 2009

Move-in day went well!

Yesterday we moved Colleen to the College of Wooster, and things went reasonably well. (I've learned that there's always some little glitch to overcome and not to get too crazy about it) It was a very hot day, though. But it was also dry, and that's always a good thing.

And I didn't shed a tear. Got a little choked up, but no open weeping. Yes. I was quite mature.

So anyway...

First day of school 1996
First day of school 2009
Boy, I sure miss those lacy anklets and blue MaryJanes...NOW I'll go have myself a good cry!

9 comments:

  1. Aw! Brave Mama! I cannot imagine doing this myself some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so hot yesterday!!!

    Did Colleen cut her hair? I'll watch for her running past our house. Maybe I'll go to the first meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS SHES CUT HER HAIR! Oh and how mature it makes her look! Love it Colleen (if you're reading).
    You were brave and strong! Just remember, you're within driving distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a brave mama !!! lol My oldest was born in 1996 ! Yes, Colleen changed a lot !!!

    Bu the way, that's the name of those yellow flowers in the back? We love them but can't find the name...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart! They grew up so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they do grow up so, so quickly...you raised a lovely young woman, Lee--you should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next comes graduate school. Trust me, this happens fast. That's where mine is.

    I didn't enter my daughter's bedroom for weeks after she left. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My youngest started college this year too....are we getting old??lol crossing my fingers all the graduates have a successful first year! Faye

    ReplyDelete