Monday, August 03, 2009

When Mother Nature Talks

So Saturday, I was outside stitching away on a very cool project - and I can't show it to you yet because it's for this challenge and it's supposed to be secret.

Anyway, there I was, and this bee came and landed right on my stitching. And he just sat there. Usually, bees completely freak me out and I jump around like someone in Riverdance. Well, a crazy uncoordinated version of Riverdance. But Saturday this bee and I just hung out for a little while, and he flew away after a few seconds. And then I remembered that last year I had started but never finished a project about a bee, so this became my Sunday project:

I stitched this side Sunday afternoon:

It's supposed to be a biscornu, but I'm thinking it's going to be mattress pincushion. I bought this before I realized that biscornus are most dreaded of all finishes.

Back to work...

12 comments:

  1. You really don't like finishing biscornus? I find them kind of soothing, once I get into the rhythm of the stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrified of bees! You were very brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were totally brave! Great progress on your wip. At least the bee helped jog your memory about this beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that bee chart in my stash - perhaps I should get it out and we can do a finish-along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been stung by a bee once when I was little but I don't like them flying near me...I do love stitchy bees and picture bees though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story almost as if the bee came to request you finish that one. Looks great. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I would participate in said challenge, but the summer has flown by, so we'll see.

    Bees are wonderful. They produce honey, help with pollination ... and now they appreciate needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty stitching! And personally, I think mattress pincushions are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration to finish your 'honey of a 'project. Bees don't really bother you useless you bother them-I've stepped on one and it hurt! : )
    I've never made a biscornu-that may be next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful stitching and how wonderful that the bee was such a stitchy inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice little piece. No matter how you finish it it will look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is just gorgeous. I loved stitching it when I did it.

    ReplyDelete