Monday, October 26, 2009

Almost there!

Pictures as promised! Here is my work from the weekend. Hey, this'll be the first year that I'll have a nice collection of Fall designs on my walls!

If I can finish this before the upcoming weekend, I'll be ecstatic.

Do you see the needle minder in the second picture? I've been collecting needle minders for the past couple of years, and this summer I bought that one at The Stitching Post in Baltimore. It's by Puffin and Co., and I have to tell you, it uses the strongest magnet I've ever had. It's certainly not going anywhere. But moving it around can be dangerous to your tender fingers. These little magnets are so determined to be attached to each other that if your fingers get in their way they'll give them a hearty pinch. And my scissors have become stuck to it several times. They're little demons!

Seriously, if you use these, make sure that you don't store anything near them that could be damaged by a strong magnet, like maybe your digital camera or credit cards. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to stitch far away from your fridge....

14 comments:

  1. Wow you got lots done! I bet you will have it finished in no time. So, is the squirrel staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Lee--I'll bet you'll feel sad crossing the last stitch on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! What have you decided about the squirrel? He is sort of growing on me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You! Between our emails and thinking of you and your stitching stuck to the fridge, I've had a really good Monday! One full of laughter!
    You'll get it done by the end of the weekend, I'm betting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous progress!!! IT is looking amazing!! Love the needle minder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. me encanta, me gusta muchísimo. felicidades por el bordado. Bss

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great! Looking forward to the complete finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your progress on Autumn Leaves. I just can't get enough of the Prairie Schooler . I found an old pattern in my stash for spring that I hope to start after Christmas that is out of print. All the inspiration on your blog made me clear out stash and find all the patterns I have put off doing. Looking forward to seeing A.L. finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got to admit that I like the psycho squirrel more and more... he just fits right in there somehow. It is looking really good, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautifully! It seems to me, you have replaced colours?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it's really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh great, it's nearly done. I love those colours so very much, just the colours I see when I look out of my window into the garden.

    ReplyDelete