Monday, November 23, 2009

Still knotted up AND GO GATORS!

That knot between my shoulder blades is still there, although it's getting better each day.  Friday and Saturday were more or less lost days, but yesterday I started feeling better and I spent some time stitching.  I should have been cleaning...freshening up the china and crystal, doing some minor dusting etc.  But why endanger the recovery process??

So, here's where I left off on my PS Santa last night:


I'm coming into the home stretch on this one!  Crossing that stitchy finish line!

And speaking of finish lines, my son's cross country team, the Allegheny College Gators, finished third at the NCAA Men's Division III National Championships.  That's third out of 437 teams.  We're all so proud of them - it's a huge achievement.  You can read about it here.


Some of you may know this already, but Division III athletes receive no financial aid related to their athletic skills and athletic departments are staffed and funded like any other department in the university.  In other words, coaches are not paid millions of dollars like in Division I schools, and there are no athletic scholarships.  These men and women run because they like and want to run.  Pretty amazing.

17 comments:

  1. Great progress on your PS Santa! Congrats to your son and his team for their huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to run, Gators!

    Santa is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son and the whole team!!! Your Santa looks great!

    Take it easy. Wouldn't want to regress in your recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is looking wonderful :o) Thank you for visiting my Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're not talking about the other Gators. That would be a deal breaker! :) Congrats to your Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, by all means do NOT endanger your healing process by cleaning. :)

    Huge congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that's wonderful for your son - what an accomplishment. And your Santa is looking wonderful. I love PS designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your Santa, Lee. (Of course, it's PS!!)...

    Glad your shoulder is on the mend, but you really should be cleaning for my visit next week... I'm going to have my white gloves on! Just kidding--can't wait to see you :)

    Congratulations to the Gators, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Gators on your fantastic achievement!!!

    Well you know, stitching is therapy, LOL! Keep up the great therapy with Santa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Fall photo in your header. I hope it is one of your own.

    Wandering in from IComWeLeave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome placement being 3rd!

    I like your Santa. I've been working on a victorian lady in a garden for a while. I don't seem to have the time to finish it!

    Dropping in from ICLW. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to your son!! Your Santa is looking great. Hope that your pain is better soo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for letting me that fall cross country experience through you.

    My hubby ran cross country in the 70s into the 80s. My nephew in the 90s. And my son in this decade. There's something wonderful about standing outside on a cold, crisp autumn day watching young people give it their all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your son!

    Your Santa looks great--you'll be happy dancing soon. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Your son's team's achievement is AWESOME! I've always been envious (and a little suspicious, lol) of people who run for fun! My uncle loves to run, and we all claim he's adopted because he's the only one in our whole family that you don't have to hold at gun point to make exercise!

    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right - supporting the healing process is so much more important than cleaning the china. It seems that it wasn't very difficult to take this decision, lol. I hope that the knot is completely gone by now.
    Very nice Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great progress on Santa, he looks so lovely!
    I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete