Friday, November 13, 2009

Who doesn't love a Comment?

Here's an interesting compliment to NaBloPoMo.  It's IComLeavWe, which is shorthand for International Comment Leaving Week.

Maybe posting daily to your blog isn't the thing for you, but a quick comment is more your style.  For one week each month, you promise to comment on 5 blogs each day and to return one comment on your blog.  That's six little things a day for just one week. 

For us stitchers, that's usually 6 "atta-girls" (or atta-boys), or 6 Ohhhhhs or Ahhhhhs.  Really.  What's not to love?  And in the process, you reach your goal, and you've encouraged 6 other stitchers to keep stitching and keep posting about their projects or their lives.

IComLeavWe starts on the 21st of each month.  And since my keyboard is already warmed up, I'm going to give it a go.  Want to join me?

10 comments:

  1. I love leaving comments! I've learned so much from reading blogs as well as have been very inspired by blogs. I figured it's my way of encouraging those who inspire me and teach me with their postings!

    Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love commenting almost as much as getting them! It's only when I get behind on my blog reading that I slack off on commenting.

    BTW, love the pic in your banner. We don't have enough color change in our area to suit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! All it takes is a kind comment from someone to inspire and make someone's day... Count me in, Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea. I don't comment as often as I should. Usually just read through them all on google reader...

    Also, love the new look to your blog. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm a comment junkie, I lose track how many comments I leave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only just started blogging and rather late in life too however it is so good to read and be inspired by everyones stitching. I just could sit and look at that view on your header for ever what a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to leave comments on all the blogs I follow when stitching and pics are posted. That's why I posted about Word Verification...LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea but I already try and leave comments on all post I visit unless I get way to behind and then I might miss a few.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice idea.
    I already try and leave a comment whenever I visit a blog. It's so wonderful to get a comment on my own blog and to see that my visitors care about the things I post that I ant to give them the same feeling by commenting myself.

    ReplyDelete