Monday, December 07, 2009

Coffee, chocolate and a day stitching with a friend

Last Friday was fantastic!  Carol and I met at a Starbucks in Canonsburg for some mid-morning stitching and coffee.  And talking.  Lots of talking!  (If you're not familiar with Carol's blog, head on over to Stitching Dreams and prepare to be amazed by her year long Ornament-a-Week project.)  And lucky me....Carol had stitched this wonderful PS Santa for me to hang on my tree.


He's beautifully stitched and finished and matches my house and my tree perfectly.  In fact, he may be a permanent fixture on my fireplace once Christmas is over!  She had also packed a loaf of Pumpkin Cranberry Bread into the bag and I have to tell you that I started eating it before I took its picture.  But picture or not...it was moist and a delicious combination of sweet and spice and tangy.

Then we went to lunch and headed to a shop that has recently relocated to Canonsburg, The French Knot.  It was a sweet little shop.  Nice fabric and thread selection, but kind of missing the mark when it comes to new charts.  I know that stock selection must be tough with such a small shop and maybe we just have different tastes.  Regardless, even though the shop may not be perfect, I'll still try to support it.   There are some Friday night stitch-ins scheduled there, and I think I'm going to try to get to one later this month. (As much as I love my two college kids, I may need to run away for at least a night while they're home)

After our shop visit, Carol and I drove up the hill a little to  Sarris' Candies, and if you're from anywhere near Southwestern PA, you probably know that name.  Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate, including a visit to the chocolate castle (not my photo, but from the Sarris site)




This week I'm going to visit with Barbara when I pick Colleen up from school.  I can't wait to see her Bitter Flower project in person!

I'll tell you...I'm so lucky to have met two such neat women.  Now we just need to arrange to get all three of us in one place!

11 comments:

  1. How cool to meet stitching friends! Sounds like you'll had a wonderful time and I love your PS!
    BTW - that chocolate castle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, a chocolate castle? Never seen anything like it. I love the PS Santa ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Chocolate castle -- yummmmyyy!

    The PS Santa is so cute! I really like the choice of fabric - what it is stitched on and the back. I would leave it up all year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute ornament, but I got stuck for good on the pumpkin cranberry bread. Mmmmm, just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Sounds like you girls had loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Lee--you're making me blush! I'm so glad you are enjoying the PS Santa--I'm sure he's very happy in his new home by the lake...

    I had a great day with you, too--we'll have to get together again soon :)

    Have a wonderful visit with Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool castle! And what a nice friend to make you such a cute Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty Santa :) Friends, fellowship and stitching a divine combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a perfect day to me! So glad you could meet up with Carol! I am jealous!! The ornament she gave you looks great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, an ornament a week? That would be amazing. I think I would settle for one a month; I have a huge stash of Mill Hill ornaments to work through!

    ReplyDelete