Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I want to be 70 and have a neat party, too!

I had a wonderful time last night.  George's daughters put on a wonderful birthday party for him and I think that George enjoyed himself to no end.  He didn't open my Canoeing Santa gift, (invitation said "No Gifts", but do I care?  NO.), but I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it.

Here's something very neat.  His daughters' husbands actually home-brewed two special beers for him - a light ale and a scotch ale - and created really professional labels for the bottles that were personalized for George.  They had pictures of George and lots of funny and sweet sentiments on the labels.  I've never heard of anything like that.  Pretty cool, right?  And the beer was really good!

I have some busy-work to get through this morning, then I hope to get my needle back into Lo How a Rose again.  I haven't picked that up in a couple of weeks and I'd love to get the stitching finished soon.  In a perfect world, that would mean before the New Year.  In reality....that means before Easter!

7 comments:

  1. Don't wish your life away; 70 will come soon enough.
    I am glad you had a good time at the party, I really liked the gift you made for him. I'm glad your MIL is doing better and agree that it is a good thing to think of the future now, she will get that way again at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alice, 70 will come soon enough! yikes! But it sounds like he is someone to look up to as to how you'd like to celebrate when you are 70!

    Love the idea of the beers! Hey, you can do it on your wishlist for when you turn 70...or maybe sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure George is going to love your stitching!

    The beer is a really cool idea..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as if everyone had a lot of fun at the party. Such a lovely gift you stitched for George, he will be thrilled when he opens it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea on the beer! My SIL's father made some wine for my SIL & DB's wedding, which was neat, even if the maker is a jerk and a half. ;) :P LOL

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I'm so glad they had such a great party for George. My mom is turning 60 this year and doesn't want to acknowledge it. No party, nothing special, she won't even give me a gift idea. :(

    ReplyDelete