Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's killin' me

I can't stand it.  It's like when you were little and someone started to tickle you and it was funny at first and then it became torture and you laughed and screamed STOP IT at the same time.

You bloggers.  It's all your fault.  For the past several months, you have been turning out some stunning work and I get obsessed over it and start making lists of all of the things I want to have.  And you shop owners, too?  You have just as much culpability as the bloggers, because now about eleventy thousand of you are having these big sales.    But do you know how much stitchy shopping I've done this year??  Good Lord.  I may only have a few WIP's, but I have enough things kitted up to last me through the next few years.  Maybe decades.

Please stop.  It hurts.

15 comments:

  1. I know that feeling ooooohhhhh to well. Good luck with stopping - if you find a solution please be sure to post it.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I feel your pain. Think of cross stitching as also a hobby of collecting: patterns, threads, fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister!

    I am in the same boat. I bought way too much this year....and yeah don't ask me about my finishes either.

    Then just after you resolve to do better next year...Nashville comes along with all its new delights....what is a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!

    And Amen to quietgirl255 also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But doesn't it hurt in a good way?!
    Isn't it fun and exciting to start a new project?

    What's surprising to me is that within seconds you can have a nice big order on it's way to you. You hardly know what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you're too funny, Lee! And you know you have a lot of us keeping you company! At least it's laughter not tears!

    Go forth and giggle (& stitch a bit too)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to say to myself "Well, in hard times when I don't have any money to spend I'll have plenty of stuff to work on." But do I really want to work on a chart I bought 20 years ago? Somehow my logic does not work. LOL. Maybe it's just that we have this insane sense of hope and optimism that we will be able to do it all. That's not the worst thing in this crazy world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly where you're coming from! But, aside from thinking that some day you might actually stitch it there's also that whole other thing of having new stash to play with that's so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain, Lee...one of my favorite online shops just tempted me with a 25% off everything (except fabric) email--but I DO have a birthday coming up in 4 weeks so I may just buy a few more "necessities" for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I told Coni months ago, we all need stashtity belts! Every time I read one of these blogs, my wishbone starts to tingle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's called SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy) and I think we're all in that club. :) I've been really bad about S.E.X. since the start of the new year. I'm really trying to stop now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete