Friday, December 18, 2009

No stitching today.

No stitching to write about today.

My MIL has been in the hospital since last Saturday and is having health problem after problem.  It's not made any better by the short days and her tendency to "sundown" once it gets dark.  We're worried that this is has fundamentally changed her living situation.  She's lived alone up till now, but Doc says that she shouldn't live alone anymore, and that could mean some big changes around here.  I try not to worry, but after I met with her doctor this morning, it's hard to think of anything else. 


But what does the   Baz Luhrmann Sunscreen Song song say?

"Know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum."

So we'll just wait and see what happens as we travel down this road again.  

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope that things improve and that she recovers quickly!

    You're only the second person I've ever heard mention the Sunscreen Song. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope that the situation gets better. And sometimes it's hard not to worry, isn't it? Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stressful time for you and your family. I will be sure to keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lee, I'm so sorry. I know this is tough. What's the trick for getting worry off the brain? I sure wish there was an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts and prayers are being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure is hard not to worry, even when worry doesn't help anything. I am sorry to hear about your mil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weren't you just complaining about an empty nest? My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Lee, I'm so sorry she is not doing well--we are all in for major changes with our parents in the next few years that's for sure.

    Thinking of you and Dave...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your MIL. It is hard not to worry. My thoughts are with you as you make decisions that will change your life. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you well as we walk in your shoes too-same age group with aging parents. Your MIL must understand that what happens next will be in her best interest. My FIL is 86.5 and lives by himself as does my uncle. Mom has my brother newly living with her and I hope that works out. It's so hard, especially having to make a decision now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything gets better and I will pray for you.

    I want to wish you a Merry Christmass and a Happy Newyear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about your MIL. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Take care!

    ReplyDelete