Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Quilting Santa

Here's 2005 PS Santa, finished as a pillow last night! Oh...and I wanted to tell you about that cording. I found it this fall at a church flea market. It was an entire spool of cording (36 yards) that I bought for....wait for it..... 25 cents. So you'll be seeing a lot of this cording as time goes by.

Here's the back. I've added a small photo because somehow it's really blurry.  Any campers who attended Camp Gottastitch may recognize the button.  I took it off of my camp Christmas stocking.

I'm still putzing around about what to work on next.  I'm really still in a Prairie Schooler state of mind, so I may start another Santa.  I also need to stitch a quick gift card holder for our community Christmas party.  Or I could put together something nice for our book club hostess on Monday. 

I had better decide soon.  Sometimes I over-think this stuff too much and then I don't do anything.  And that's perfectly excusable if it's housework or cooking or work-work ;)  But it's really nuts when it's something that I enjoy doing so much!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! looking forward to seeing your next p.s. stitch. I'm in a book club too. Just finished " Little Bee"You are a quick finisher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my he is beautiful!
    Great finishing and I love the cord. 25 cents! Bargain!
    If you ever get tired of him, i'd gladly give him a home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santa is beautiful! Nice cording - don't you love a good buy! I have several trims that I got for pennies, and they just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! And a good bargain too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute! Tell me how you attached your cording...I'm cording challenged and would love some great tips and hints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 25 cents! What a bargain! Santa turned out GREAT all finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the cording is beautiful and you can't beat the price.
    A lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Santa (but I'm love with Santa so I can't help loving him !!! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Santa pillow looks great! Love the cording...what a fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! It looks great, Lee. Wonderful finishing, too-and find on the cording! I can't wait to see your next start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the finish! That cording is great! The price certainly can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the finish and what a bargin for that cording just perfect for christmas stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I bet your Prairie-Schooler-state-of-mind will go really well with your astounding chrurch-sale find. :)

    Congrats ont eh finish and the excellent shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully finished! What a deal on the cording.

    Sometimes it IS hard to figure out what to start next. There is so much to decide between.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing finishing job
    thanks for sharing
    patty
    http://whichhobby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great finish. And great finishing, too. The cord suits him perfectly. I wish we had such things around here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great stitching finish and pillow finishing. Love the cording. It matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete