Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A bright, shiny new decade!

So my friends, here we are at the start of a new decade.  I love this feeling.  The whole clean slate thing.  Of course, it would help if I could clear out all of the clutter of the last decade.  I'm working on that...starting with getting these college kids back to school (and back to those rooms and apartments that I'm paying for) and making them take all of their clutter back, too.  And after I've taken down the trees and all of the other Christmas hoo-haw, things will return to being boring around here.  Normally, blissfully boring.

But back to the New Year theme:  I don't "do" resolutions very well, but this year I'd like to be more organized in my work-work and housework, because what I really want is more time to play.  So I hope that being more organized will let me get more work done in less time.  And stitching is so much more relaxing when you can actually let your mind rest and not wander to all of the things sitting on your desk, you know?

I went to Philadelphia over the long weekend of New Years.  It was a nice trip, but it was exhausting, too.  I missed being home for New Years Day, which is usually a rest day for me.  But my good friend's 50th birthday bash was on January 2nd, and what a party!  I'm glad that I could go.  Came home on Sunday and with all that running around I'm sorry to say that I haven't picked up a needle in over a week.

Lucky for me though, I have friends who stitch, including the ever-wonderful Barbara.  She sent me this perfect ornament.  Honestly? I'm so happy with this and now I think every stitcher should have one of these on their tree!  She also sent me that cool ceramic mug and I've already enjoyed many cups of tea in it.  Thanks again Barb!


11 comments:

  1. I agree about the ornament. If you figure out how to be more organized, I hope you will share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect ornament! And that mug........wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely ornament and such a neat mug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mug you recieved. I love the ornament too! What a perfect Christmas Wish List; especially "the time to stitch"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gift! Good luck with the organization!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to start the new year - being more organized! I know what you mean. If you find any nuggets of gold...actually come to think of it, I found a top I'd bought but had forgotten about! Embarrassing!

    If you find the trick to the work and life balance thing, please do share!

    The pressie from Barbara is wonderful - really like that ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gifts from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect ornament for a stitcher! I started my New Year with a few closets cleaned out and my garage cleaned out. It's good to have it done. The challenge will be staying that way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is the absolute perfect ornament for any stitcher, Lee. Barb did a beautiful job on it!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful gifts from your stitching friend.
    Being more organized and declutter as much as I can is my never ending challenge. It's always a good feeling when a new part of the house / a room / the desk is done but it's the hardest to bring myself to start on this task. At the moment I'm clearing my desk before school start again next Monday.
    I wish all the best of luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete