Sunday, February 21, 2010

Family drama

I don't have any stitching progress to show you today.  We've had too much family drama this week and when I'm upset I can't stitch.  I'm going to really give it a good try tonight though.  I have to snap out of this funk somehow, and since my two adult children are too far away for me to grab them and shake them by the scruff of the neck, maybe a good movie and some stitching will help.

I've been watching a 1998 BBC series called Berkeley Square.  It's similar to Upstairs Downstairs, except that its focus is on the lives of three nannies in London in 1903.  Although it's quite short with only 10 episodes, it was nice to watch while our TV was out (and it's completely back on now!)  Anyway, if you do choose to rent them, always keep your eyes peeled and watch the walls in the background.  ( I wish I could show you some screenshots!)  There are wonderful samplers on the nursery walls of these households.  Just FYI!

15 comments:

  1. I sure hope you can get to your stitching this evening with a good movie or two.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your week has been drama-filled, Lee! If you need a good listener, I'm always ready and willing... Take care now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying a lull in kid drama. Sorry to hear the same isn't true for you. Thanks for the movie tip. I put it on my list at Netflix. Right now I'm sneaking an episode or 2 of Dexter (Season 3) in when the kids aren't around. Love that show. Wonder what that says about me? I never liked horror movies but loved Psycho. Hmmm... Dr.... any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your week goes better and that you can get some relaxing, stitching time in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids, no matter how old they are they still have their "moments". Hopefully this will be a short one! I sure hope you get some stitching in this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Lee, I am sorry about the weekend drama. I haven't got a stitch in all day on 'Lo' but hope to get a few in before I hit the sack.Hope you get some in too . I hope to catch up to you by next weekend. Berkeley Square sounds great. I will have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that soon everything is sorted out family wise. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll keep an eye out for that series! They repeat a lot of stuff like that here. Hope things work out with the kids soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everyhting settles for you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family dramas can be so draining! I do hope that this week is better and you can get back to some relaxing and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also saw that series not too long ago. Just awesome!!! I can highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject and/or the time this show takes place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that your past week was fraught with family drama! Hope that this week goes much, much better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry about your dramas of the weekend. Here's hoping this week brings peace through stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally hear you! The drama can be so mentally exhausting, even when it belongs to someone else.

    ReplyDelete