Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine

And my hero. My husband has been working his butt off for 8 days, clearing snow, dealing with this very temperamental snow blower and always getting to his very difficult and stressful job regardless of the weather.  I took this picture yesterday when he came home from a full day's work and then went outside to move the snow.  AGAIN.  Yessirree.  It's kept snowing here. We've had a break of perhaps several hours a day, but we've had measurable snowfall every day this week.

But will you just look at the smile on this guy's face?  I mean...if you can see it through the snow?  He really is my hero.  I'm not just being schmaltzy because it's Valentine's Day. 

 
 I don't have any new Valentine-y stitching to show you.  You all saw the little gift card that I sent Colleen.

Oh...wait...this could be kind of romantic.  I started an older Bent Creek design that's been on my mind for the past almost 3 years.  I had meant to stitch it for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2008, but at that point I didn't even have the chart.  I finally ordered it last year, and just put the first stitches into it this week. 

Fun and fast and I'm really enjoying it!  But since weekend days are for LoHAR, it's going to sit quietly till Monday.

You know what's funny?  My memory has been really off lately.  I've been to the grocery store at least a dozen times and each time I've forgotten Parmesan cheese.  Which is totally crazy if you know how much spaghetti we eat.

I've been forgetting to put the wash into the dryer and I'll go downstairs to take it out of the dryer, only to open it....scratch my head....and wonder where the dry laundry went!  Of course, it's still wet and in the washer.

But somehow, a cross stitch project can stay in my head for years.  I know.  It's nuts.

13 comments:

  1. Sweet valentine stitching! Your hubby sounds wonderful - hard working and dedicated to his family - enjoy your special day together. I'm forgetful as well, but can also remember weird almost obsessive details about my stitching - maybe there's just too much stitching info in there that it pushes everything else out??!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love stitching on the Bent Creek. What's the name and who's the designer of that table topper? It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that I am not the only one who has issues with what happened to the dry laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG i can't beleive howmuch snow you have! it must be a job in it's self just clearing it.

    Love this Benk Creek design, i stitched it a couple of years ago and it was one of the quickest designs i've stitched and still a favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your parmesan is here. I buy it every week forgetting I bought it the week before. LOL! I finally started setting my kitchen timer for 45 minutes. Don't know exactly how long a load takes but by 45 minutes it is definitely done. Then the timer goes off and I remember that I even put laundry in the wash 45 minutes earlier. Is this menopause?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful hero! I can't believe how much snow you have and we have bare ground up here. I am knocking on wood that Mother Nature remains confused - sorry. And your BC piece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pic of snow you have. I cannot even imagine it in my wildest dreams. Love your little stitch.

    I think that call that selecitve memory.......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, your DH is a trooper! I cannot comprehend getting snow like that and I'm just glad that we don't, as a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, it's not nuts that you forget everything else but remember your stitching. It's called having your priorities in order. ;) LOL Great start on it, btw!

    My daughter is wondering how anybody can complain about all that snow. I told her that it's easy to think that way when you're 15 and don't have to drive, work, etc. in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much snow... It blanks out everything else, doesn't it ? Which explains your forgetfulness.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There IS a big grin on his face! I've never thought of how much WORK snow is (I am from Florida after all)! To be working that hard after a full day of work and still smiling? He's a very special guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's those real life moments that can be the most romantic in a marriage I think. The other day DH was haggling hard with a car salesman and I swear I just watched him with all the love and admiration in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you ever, and I mean ever, figure out how to get your mind to work the way it should, please call me first. I'm pretty much convinced that Alzheimer's is setting in early.

    Does your husband have any older brothers?

    ReplyDelete