Sunday, February 07, 2010

Then the Sun Came Out

And it was stunning!  Pics from late yesterday afternoon.

And this morning just after sunrise:
 
And here's something.  The neighbors that I usually complain about?  They came over today and cleared 25 inches of wet and heavy snow off my driveway with their snow blower.  And folks, let me tell you,  I have a LONG driveway.   How about that?  I'll eat my words.  Luckily I had made some chocolate chip cookie dough on Friday night, because I was able to throw a pan in the oven and hand them a plate of warm cookies when they were done.  Those cookies made my words a little easier to swallow.

Stitchiness?  I came across this freebie from Aury.  Isn't it just perfect for Valentine's Day?  This photo is from her blog - it's not my stitching.  I'm working on Lo this weekend.  I put in an hour yesterday and I've put almost two hours in today.  I have a SAL partner now and it seems to have kept me focused this weekend.  I'll have a photo of Lo tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Yay for great neighbors! Your pictures are beautiful! Love this cute little valentine, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it beautiful after the sun comes out? If we could only just stay inside and look out at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to have neighbours with a snow blower! My nearest neighbours were in Colorado skiing, so I texted them to see when they were returning and asked if I could pick up supplies for them. They managed to get back just before the storm hit and were grateful to have milk, eggs, bread etc waiting for them. They have 5 children under 8 years old! Just typing that exhausts me. They have a massive snow blower that certainly made my life easier this weekend! Love the stitchy heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at all of that snow! So nice of your neighbours to help out with cleaning your driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of all the snow. Your pictures are lovely. Good thing your neighbours helped you out

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so beautiful. But I know that's easy for me to say from here in Florida. I'm glad your neighbors surprised you with their generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snow pics. Glad your neighbours helped you out. That heart is sooo pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it nice that people will surprise you? The snow pics are gorgeous. I picked up that design, too - isn't it so cute?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice gesture from your neighbors and from you with the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great snow pics! Neighbors, snow blowers, and warm cookies make for a great combination.

    ReplyDelete