Thursday, March 11, 2010

Family Medley - Finished!

Although I'm still not sold on these buttons. Since this is an older chart, I was thinking that the buttons it calls for would be hard to find. So I pulled a couple buttons from my stash and tried them out.  I thought I could make do, but the problem is the buttons needed for this design are so tiny and not ones that I think I can fudge.  I don't know....I may try to order the charted buttons. The Silver Needle usually has a good supply of buttons.  Or else I'll just stitch them in.  And that's a wooden bell pull from my stash.  It was probably meant for another project that I abandoned long ago.
Speaking of being abandoned, Colleen was home for a whole 4 days of her spring break. She's actually with her track team on a bus to Florida as I'm typing this. When she leaves, it feels like there's a hole in my heart. I get over it quickly enough - like within a day - but all through yesterday I was weepy and sloppy.

And then that led to me tearing apart all of the stuff that I had neatly (well, not really neatly) stored away in my stitching desk and making a complete disaster out of my office/sewing room.  I wasn't in the mood to stitch any WIP's, and none of my kitted-up stuff was making me happy and so all I accomplished was making a huge mess.  Then I went downstairs and watched TV. 

Did I mention earlier that a dear friend sent me Hands to Work's Spring Violets in the mail?  And I'm waiting on a piece of Lavender Bliss Lugana, which should arrive in the mail any day now.  Of course I had a lovely piece of it here.   Perfect color, perfect size.  And when I opened it up, evidently I had cut a big hunk out of it.  Funny though, I really don't ever remember using it for anything!

OK....which one of you sneaky stitchers came into my room, found my Lavender Bliss (and believe me, finding anything in here would be a real feat), and cut a 5 X 5 square out of it??  Fess up.  You'll feel better about yourself.

12 comments:

  1. Another source for buttons and charms is: http://www.buttonedup.com/

    It's in Canada, but I've heard good things about their selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! i bought a similar bell pull on sale at one time. it's the most HIDEOUS color orange, but i spray painted it black to go with the stitching and it worked out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this!! Sorry to hear that Colleen was home only briefly . Nothing like diving into projects to get us over our heartaches. The Lavender Bliss sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had DD for a few days; though it's always hard when they go back. Congrats on the lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not guilty, honest guv! Nice stitching, hope you find the buttons, lovely quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the Lavender Bliss.... sounds like a lovely colour, but my most adventurous colour choice ever has been black... other than that and a very light blue I have been a strictly white/antique/cream/natural kind of stitcher. So not guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this finish. I like to think my kids will never get older and abandon me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your finish. I'm sure that Silver Needle or even Shepherd's Bush would have some buttons that you might like better. You sound like me with tearing things up. I do that all the time and then I exhaust myself and leave it for another day!! I didn't take the Lav. Bliss even though it's a great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang onto it and bring it with you. Several of the stores have buttons and I'm sure you could find what you're looking at and at least you'd have the piece and the buttons, so you wouldn't be ordering sight unseen.
    I hope the fabric arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're lucky Colleen came home to visit at spring break at all! A friend of mine has kids at college in Iowa and they're heading to Texas for break. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lee,

    I've just award you the "Sunshine Blog Award".

    http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

    No pressure, just want you to know how much I love your blog and think others will too.

    Tommye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad DD came to visit for a few days. Mine leaves in june for college and I'm already sad and she's only going to be an hour away, LOL.....
    I love your Sailboat finish. I have that one kitted up and ready to stitch as I type. I hope it looks as good as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete