Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have to blame someone!

So I'm going to blame Julie for causing the disaster in my crafty space today.  We were talking on the phone the other night and she mentioned the perfectly organized stash of a mutual friend (Sue...no blog) and how she was going through her own projects for a Cross Stitch Garage Sale. (Click over for more info.  Looks like fun and it's for a good cause)

Coincidentally, Dave left at 4:30 this morning for his yearly golf trip, and I'm looking at a 5 day stretch of being all by myself in the house.  Well!  My wheels started spinning and I decided that today was the perfect day to do a little cleanup and cleanout myself. 

Oh Good God.  After a couple of hours I almost gave up.  These things always snowball on me.  Little projects turn into major catastophes.  But since only weenies give up so easily, I kept moving.

Before I knew it, I was moving furniture and washing walls and tearing up closets that I had no intention of even opening, let alone reorganizing.  But what the heck.  If I'm moving it, I might as well clean it, and then I might as well clean the space it left behind before I put anything else there.

Needless to say, I spent long hours today with floss in my hair and fabric stuck to my shoes but now things are (mostly) put away in a semi-organized fashion, and I can see the floor again.  And it needs sweeping.

Wait.  Do you actually think I'm going to show you pictures??  Not a chance.  I have some pride...

11 comments:

  1. Pandora's box! Yup. There you go, FIVE whole days! I dare you, show the pictures. Besides, the start always look horrible. "It gets worse before it'll get better" that type of thing. Good luck, Lee!

    I've been doing some organizing too - must be the Spring thing - so I can empathize...sort of.

    BTW, I see you are reading Good Omens. I'm actually listening to it while I stitch! Pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid to even start getting into closets and moving furniture and all that - so I admire you for doing so! Good luck with all that!

    I think you should have some before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a little spring clean up fever too...but only managed cleaning bathrooms (but one shower took me over an hour to scrub the soap scum off). Even did a little DMC floss organizing. It must be in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Garage Sale sounds like such a wonderful idea. If I lived closer I'd bring all the stuff that I no longer want. I'm sure that they'd find a good home.

    And what, no pictures? I think that we all live in a state of chaos when we realize that we need to do some cleaning out! Glad that everything is pretty much organized now. If you're anything like me though, it won't stay that way for long. ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lee, I'm a bit the same . So whenever I have the intention to reorganize something I'm looking for two or three days in a row where I don't have any kind of other work. One decluttering job leads to the next and so on ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I love sorting through things and getting them organized but it seems every time I do it just creates a disater area somewhere else!

    Good luck, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my world, cleaning in progress looks MUCH worse than the "before" pictures.

    You could show us the "after" photos! I love seeing how people organize their things and use their work space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the clean up!!!!

    I've been meaning to do something about the linen closet....someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how it all feels once it's cleaned up! When I do that, I just want to sit and look around and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how quickly you got things sorted, cleaned up and organized especially considering all the extra stuff you did while you were at it! You deserve that dinner out (carry out, if necessary) tomorrow night.
    I'm going to do better this week about going through my stuff. That sale day will be here before I know it. Ugh. There's always something that needs to be done.
    I should have my thread organizer/shelving unit up by the time you arrive. How do you organize your DMC threads? How about your other threads?
    I saw above in the comments some one mentioned a book you were reading and that made me wonder whether you had read the Twilight series. I'm going to, when I have time. What little free time I do have I want to stitch, so that doesn't allow much time for reading. We need more hours in the day and a shorter work week would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5 days to yourself and you decide to clean and organize?!?!? Where are your priorities?? ;) I know it has to be done and it all sounds very good... at least your husband isn't there to see just how much stuff your closets hold, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete