Monday, March 22, 2010

More Spring Violets

This design is such a delight to stitch!  Between the joy of stitching this and our wonderful, warm sunny weather over the weekend, I may have banished those winter blues for good.  You know what else always makes me feel better?  Being able to sleep with the window open.  It was still warm last night, so we left the bedroom front window open slightly and it was heavenly!spring violets 002Otherwise, there’s nothing new here at my house on the lake.  Dave came home safely, but there were no jewelry boxes in his golf bag, so I guess I didn’t train him all that well.  (Lesson:  If I blog about it, it probably won’t happen) Colleen is back at school after her trip to Florida.  And John is home for his spring break for a week.  Oh!  Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for him.  John had a good interview for an intern position with a research project in the Chesapeake Bay.  I know it’s his first choice,  and I’d be really happy to have him that close to home.  For me, 3 hours by car is much better than all the way across the country.  Which, incidentally, is his second choice.  A summer counting and measuring mackerel, and based in Seattle. 

16 comments:

  1. Spring Violiets is beautiful!

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for the job at the Bay for John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm mackerel. Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really looking great! No jewelry boxes?? I just don't understand men... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed! What a nice change for you to be able to have your window open at night. I love fresh air at night too.... especially when compared with all that snow that is finally melted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sleeping with the window open too. But pine pollen is starting to color everything yellow, so I'll have to wait a little longer.

    Love your violets. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen this one before, Lee--it is so sweet! Glad to hear Colleen survived cool and windy Florida--she was just north of Daytona Beach where I was and I honestly think the weather up north was better than down there!

    Will keep my fingers (not sure if I can cross my toes!) crossed for John--sounds like a great prospect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching and the colours are gorgeous - I look forward to days ahead when I can leave the windows open at night but think I would still wake up with icicles on me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I haven't visited you in so long! It was good to catch up.

    My fingers, toes and stitches are crossed for John, and I'm glad Colleen made her way safely back to school.

    The violets are right up my alley ... I'm such a purple freak.

    Too bad about the lack of jewelry. Are they ever really trained???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring Violets turned out beautifully! What did you end up doing about the white? I think the purple violets are beautiful, much better than the colors the pattern suggests.
    Well then, just tell Dave you'll have to buy something more when you come for the hop since he came home empty handed!
    I'm glad you're getting some nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just cannot sleep at night with the windows open even if the weather is comfortable. I'm a city girl through and through and it just doesn't seem safe to me. I sure wish I could because I love the fresh air.

    What a beautiful spring project. I love it.

    I hope your son gets the job close by. My kids currently live in the same city with me and I really hope they stay close too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sampler is gorgeous! Violets are my favorite flower so I should get this chart.

    Oh I love sleeping with open windows! Can't wait until it's warm enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this sampler - so pretty! Hope your DS gets the work closer by. How nice to have such lovely fresh air. Isn't it glorious to see winter leaving??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so pretty.

    Good luck to John!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely little project! It'll looked great when its done. I'm jealous, sleeping with open windows. It'll be ahwile for us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that looks great!! You've made wonderful progress.

    I love sleeping with the window open a bit!

    I'm crossing my fingers and toes for John that he gets the spot in the Chesapeake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These violets are adorable. Meanwhile you may have finished them. And meanwhile they turned up on my yard lawn and I know that spring is here. Definitely.
    I also love sleepng with the windows open but last night it wasn't possible because the farmer to whom the meadow behind our house belongs put the liquid manure from his stables out on his meadows. So the windows had to stay closed, lol.

    ReplyDelete