Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Started Spring Violets

Jennifer and I are putting LoHR on hold for a couple weekends (It seems like everyone went South this March except me!).

So after my cleaning bash over the weekend, I started Hands To Work's Spring Violets. But why is this photo so dark? I used a flash and everything, and it was much brighter in my photo software, but then I uploaded it to Blogger and....ewwww!  Suddenly it's so dinghy!

If you're familiar with the design, you'll notice that I've totally changed its colors. I'm kind of rethinking the color of the violets, though.  Too similar to the letters maybe?  I'm going to look for something a little darker.  Maybe more blue-violet.  Or should I go lighter?   Also rethinking the color I chose for the snow.  I was using GAST Oatmeal, but when I get into the white sections of the thread, the stitches get lost.

Oh - here's a not-so-funny thing. During the weekend cleaning I came across several small cuts of fabric.  Some of them were together, some of them were in odd places.  So I decided to start a box of ornament sized cuts.  Well, do you remember that I had a piece of Lavender Bliss picked out especially for this Spring Violets project and when I opened it, there was a chunk taken out of it?  And I didn't remember ever using it?  STUPID ME!  I found that chunk - it's about 5X5.  And there's not a stitch on it.  What the heck?  Why did I do that?  Sometimes I want to hit myself in the head.

Anyway, I have to thank Tommye for the cool Sunshine Blog award!
How sweet! Tommye creates beautiful scissor fobs and counting pins and needle threaders, among other things, and you can see some of her useful art over at her etsy shop,  TJB Designs.  My favorite?  The counting pins, hands down.  I use them and I luuuuurve them. 

And now I'm supposed to pass this on to 12 other bloggers.  How difficult is that??  Choosing only twelve of you is impossible.  So I'm going to take the easy way out and say that if you read my blog, I'm giving you this award! 

Today is my last full day alone, because Dave will be home from his golf trip sometime tomorrow.  It's been a relaxing few days and I've completely enjoyed having full possession of the TV remote.  And I've been sleeping at least an hour later each morning because the house is so quiet!  But I've also missed my goofy husband, so I'll be glad when he's home again.  Of course, he knows that jewelry always makes a good "Honey, I'm Home" present.

10 comments:

  1. Dark or not, this is lovely! And as for the missing/refound hunk... I do that all the time. I think excessive thread use rots our brains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get jewelry because he got home from a golf trip, you are going to have to teach us how you trained him so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an enjoyable few days alone. It's nice to have some time here and there to yourself. I found a piece of linen the other day and I had no idea why I cut it off the bigger piece. I've only been stitching a few months....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece looks nice as is. Funny when you come across all of the little ends and bits of fabric, the mind goes in a thousand directions as to what you could stitch on them.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching is look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time alone at home sounds so nice! Wow, I could catch up on laundry and dishes, and get a whole lot of stitching done, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you started this wonderful design. I have it on my list of things to order at Needlecraft Corner before the end of this month. Nice progress indeed.

    ReplyDelete