Monday, April 26, 2010

Lo

This weekend I actually stitched the word “Lo”.  So it’s official.  And now that I’ve stitched the first two lines of the song, I can hear it in my head.  Furthermore, (I’m going to get all dreamy on you here) I feel as if the energy of this project has shifted now.  There’s a different energy when I start a project, when I’m in the middle of a project and when I’m close to finishing something.  I like all of those feelings, but it’s invigorating when I know I’m coming into the home stretch, and I’ve hit my stride and it just feels so good.  I’m grateful that Jennifer has been stitching this with me, otherwise I may have tossed it in my To Do box and it could have been there for a very long time.

Lo April 25 002

I’m actually feeling pretty good about another project, too – Spring Violets.  I’m working my way around the border, and as soon as I get that darn snow figured out, I’ll be golden.  No pictures of that today, though.

I had a wonderful day this past Friday, when I met with Carol and Linda (no blog – yet)  in Pittsburgh.  We took over a corner table in a Panera Bread (by a window for good lighting) that morning and stitched and talked till well past lunch.  These get-togethers are always nice for me because I don’t have any stitching friends out here in the middle of nowhere.   Sometimes it feels like it’s just me and my computer screen.  Not that I don’t appreciate you all out there in blog land – Just that in-person contact is so much fun!

My list for the Heartland Shop Hop is getting longer each day.  I wasn’t going to check a bag for the flight – figured I could get by with only my carry on.  But now that I’m looking at this list?  I may need to rethink that.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Lee, I stitched'Lo' also this past weekend! will post later as I have wee girl home with a cough and cold but good spirits. We are having a lot of laughs while I clean up her dusty room and put away some winter clothing. Sometimes you need days like that . At least she is in great spirits. Great that you were able to stitch with Carol and Linda and in one of my fav places Panera! I am so grateful that you are stitching this with me too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo is very pretty. I like checking in with you on a near-daily basis. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lo looks great! I'm glad that you had a good time with Carol & Linda... Panera.... YUM-O! Sounds divine--both the company and the food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lo! I completely understand how nice it is to get together with others to sit, chat and stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lo is so, so pretty! And it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends. I love Panera, but haven't been there in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lo is looking good! This is such a lovely design; I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In person contact is a good thing. I like the idea of sitting in Panera and stitching with friends for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lo is looking prettier with each post, Lee! Thanks again for making the long drive to meet up on Friday--I sure enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lo is looking fantastic! Keep plugging away at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty - love the soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog for the first time. What is this beautiful piece that you are working on that you call "Lo"?

    It is gorgeous!

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete