Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Re-starting Stitching Bloggers Question

Just last week I finished Adrienne Martini’s latest book, Sweater Quest, and although it was about knitting, it spoke to me because its questions and its philosophy could apply to most creative work, and in particular to handcrafts.  Adrienne explores why knitters knit, and we stitchers could ask ourselves the same question.  Why do we stitch?  And we can address this in many different ways.

Then that got me to thinking back to when we had the Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week, and I realized that I hadn’t seen it for quite some time.  It turns out that it’s been sleeping for a while (a couple of years, anyway).  Like so many of these projects, it’s not easy for one person to keep it going.  Life gets in the way, or things change, or we go off in another direction.  Anyway, I contacted the SBQ’s previous host, Renee, who was very gracious and told me to go ahead and run with it again. 

I’ll be making one big change though – I’ll be asking a Stitching Bloggers Question of the Month

So, starting with the first Monday of May (May 3) , I’ll be asking Questions again, and I’ll post one each month for you to think about and answer in your own blog.   I may recycle some of the previous questions, too, because some of you may be new to blogging  and you haven’t seen them before.  And some of you long time bloggers may find that now your answers have changed, too.  I know that for me,  many things have changed in the past two years.  You too?

And now I’m leavin’ on a jet plane…

Look out Heartland Shop Hop - Here We Come!

16 comments:

  1. What a great , fun idea! Have a wonderful trip. Hope to see some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast!

    Thanks for reanimating the Question. Looking forward to May 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is that- I really enjoyed the questions AND the answers!! Con;t wait for may 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea. It will be fun to answer these questions every month.

    Have a good time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a good time in Kansas! Looking forward to the question of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I do remember the question of the week. Renee's blog was the very first blog I ever read.... her expat blog, that is. One thing I remember was when everyone posted a picture of their stitching spot. I'm not sure if that was a question of the week or what, but it would be fun to see that again.

    Have a fabulous time.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I found many of the stitchers that I follow through the SBQ forum. It'll be nice to see who responds to your questions. I think recycling the old questions is a great idea too.

    Have fun in Topeka.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, goody! Maybe the coming question will help spur me back into blogging. I've missed you girls!

    Have loads of fun on your hop. You're almost in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I missed all the SBQ since I transferred over to stitchy blogging after it's demise. I look forward to participating. It would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to the question of the month! Have a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Make sure you say "Hey" to me at The Sunflower Seed while doing the Heartland Shop Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not familiar with Stitching Bloggers but am intrigued by the question of hte month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot! I answered SBQs when I first started my blog and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to May 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sbq sounds like a cool idea - looking forward the first question.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I was thinking the other day how much I missed SBQ as it provided terrific inspirations for what to blog about and started many great discussions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for resurrecting the SBQ, Lee! I've missed it a lot and am glad to have it back to inspire an occasional post.

    ReplyDelete