Friday, May 14, 2010

Blogging from the road

Well!  All I can say is that I have a new found appreciation for those of you who blog while you travel.  I don't know how you manage it!  Updates and photos and menus?  If you can do it, you're completely awesome.  I'm not so awesome.

We've just finished Day 3 of the cross country trip, and I can honestly say that by the time we pull into wherever we are for the night, I'm played out.  Tonight I've logged in because I'm waiting for the laundry to dry, so I'm hanging out in the hotel lobby instead of going upstairs.  Plus we all needed a little bit of space and time away from each other.  Things were getting kind of testy.  At least with some clean laundry we may be testy, but we won't be so smelly.

Day One saw us leave Meadville and head west until we got well past Chicago and into Ottawa IL.  (Thanks Linda for the Chicago traffic tip!  We purposely hit Chicago after 10PM and it wasn't too bad)  Day Two saw us leave Ottawa and drive on to North Platte Nebraska.  Today finished in Park City Utah.  Tomorrow should finish in Reno Nevada, then we should have a relatively shorter trip into Tiburon California.

I've stitched a little bit - a CEC freebie stitched on 18 ct. linen that's simple and easy to see.  It's hard to stay focused though - truck traffic and young drivers and a speed limit of 75?  It all keeps me a little jittery. 

OK, off to get the laundry and then time for bed!

10 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip! Thanks for taking the time to update all us bloggers! You stay safe out there with that traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip and have lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you on your trip Lee. We drove from Wyoming to Reno then Reno to San Francisco. Hope you have a wonderful trip/time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. I'm envious that you can stitch in the car. I get motion sick if I try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee - So good to hear from you and know that you are well on your way. Continue safe travels - and remember, stitching is our sanity!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun trip!

    It's wild that you wound up in Ottawa. I lived there for a few years (there isn't much there...as I'm sure you found out!), and it's just down the road from me now.

    I always have trouble trying to stitch in the car :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We stopped in North Platte on our trip out to L.A. in 1994. We stayed in this motel that could have been cast as the place you get murdered in in a horror movie. I also got food poisoning there and didn't have to drive the rest of the way. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed hearing from you today. I hope the day went well, no road troubles. One last day. You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like travel wasn't too bad. Visiting California, huh? I am not sure where you are relative to us in East Bay, CA :) Weather should be nice here, maybe a little rain in the forcast. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, cross country. YGG!! Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete