Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Buttons make my day

One of the (many) things on my list to buy during the Heartland Shop Hop was an assortment of buttons.  Happily, I struck gold at the very first shop on our tour, Stitch On in Lawrence KS.  I knew what buttons I needed for this little HIH bell pull, but I made a couple changes and I like the buttons I chose even more.  The sailboat had two little bluebird types around it in the model, but Stitch on had little seagulls!  And fishies!  I love ‘em.

HIH Family medley

Extra cute buttons!  I know, I know. I’m going to change those threads to different colors that blend better with the fish.

hih button closeup

And here it is, hanging inside and a bit faded by the flash.

HIH hanging

You all may laugh at this, but today was the first time I’ve spent a full day of work away from the house in a few years.  I’ve picked up another bookkeeping job and at this point I can’t do it from home, so I have to work in this fellow’s very busy body shop.  I’ll tell you…I’m tired.  I’m not used to being around noise and work-type people all day.  Sheesh.  I had to be nice.  And respond to conversation.  Completely not me.  I keep telling myself to break out of this hermit-like existence I’ve created, but man – I’m exhausted.  And hungry.  Time to go throw together some leftovers!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my - my dream job! Staying at home and making money!

    I COMPLETELY understand your grumpiness at having to play nice, talk, and socializing! I am very content being by myself.

    Go take a hot bath, get something to eat, and maybe stitch. Hopefully, you won't have to go to the body shop tomorrow!

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bell Pull is so cute with the seagull and fishes. I like them. I have been at home for over a year. I started helping with things in the office where my husband works. I know about having to be nice and smiling when you don't want to.. I like to work by myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finish looks great with all those cute buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your button choices are perfect! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable project!

    Congrats on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the seagull button! The fish are cute too. Nice finish! Will you have to be nice for a long time or will you eventually be able to work at home again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bell pull and the buttons you chose.

    Think of your day in the office as getting all the chaos you used to have with your kids concentrated into one day.

    ReplyDelete