Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A day without photos

My posts have been kind of picture heavy lately, so I thought I'd give you all a break.  Today will be all about the writing.

First, I should tell you that you're reading the blog of the World's Biggest Whiner, because you may remember that yesterday I whined about how tired I was after a full day of working with other people, and bless your hearts because you all commiserated with me.  But you may not feel as sympathetic when I tell you that I only have to do this one day a week.  Yeah.  So.  Has your sympathy for me gotten up and walked out the door?  Because I really don't deserve it.  What I need is a slap in the head and to be firmly told to get over it.

Anyway, working in this auto body shop is much different than any other place I've worked.  The shop owner is incredibly neat and tidy.  There's not a spare piece of paper on his desk.  It's very, very organized and his office is a clean and pleasant work environment.  I've known this fellow for years and years, and I didn't expect it to be dirty, but I'm surprised by how pleasant it is.

The activity level, on the other hand, is kind of crazy.The office phone rings constantly and there are all sorts of people going in and out of the office all day.  Pop music plays out in the shop and it's quite loud, and it's not playing in the office, but it's still there and I'm just not used to that much noise.  It's also a little more - um - salty - than places I've worked before.  On the one hand, it's kind of interesting, but I hope that these guys soon realize that a woman as old as their mothers is sitting at the desk and hearing them talk.  I'm no stranger to a good string of curse words, but sometimes...well, you know how men talk.  Especially if a really cute girl brings in a car and bats her eyelashes?

It's a stunningly gorgeous day here in Southwestern Pennsylvania.  It's warm and breezy and the air smells and feels wonderful.  A perfect day to sit on the deck and stitch.  Maybe after supper?

I hope things are just as nice in your neck of the woods today!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, apart from the cussing men - it all sounds rather nice actually. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to swap lives for a day lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lee! I'm sure the guys don't even notice you are there, sort of like how my teenage daughter and her friends say all sorts of things because I'm just the chauffeur and am not really 'there'. I still sympathize with you, when you are used to quiet it must be hard to concentrate enough to work.

    ReplyDelete