Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Completely Maddening

 

Lo June 2 004

I was this close to finishing LoHaR this weekend, and then I ran out of thread.  And since I just recently almost broke my arm with patting myself on the back about altering colors in another design, you would think that running out of WDW London Fog and needing to substitute something else for these….oh…FIVE and a HALF letters, would be just a little bump in the road.

But NO.  I couldn’t make myself do it and decided that I needed the exact thread I had been using.  So I’m waiting for the Postmaster to put one little skein of thread in my mailbox.  Happily, Mary Kathryn over at Handcraft Online had a free shipping weekend, so I ordered my one skein and didn’t get stuck paying more for shipping than for the actual thread.

I knew that I needed two skeins of thread for the lettering, but three?  I don’t know what I could’ve done to use less.  I don’t carry threads from one letter to another unless they’re very, very close to each other, so maybe it was all of the starts and stops that ate so much thread. 

I had an more excitement than I bargained for this weekend.  More later!

15 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate that? Lo' looks fantastic!! It is so soft and pretty.

    Thanks for sharing your stunning picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you ran into thread issues, but wasn't it lucky to get free shipping. The piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty. It will be well worth the agony of waiting for the thread. You know..no pain, no gain, etc.

    More excitement? I'm on the edge of my seat.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is turning out beautiful! I stitched this design last year and ran out of London Fog too. I even changed the color of the word Rose to one of the pinks and I still ran out! So don't feel bad. You will be happy you waited when the thread arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it looks gorgeous though! I would have waited for the exact thread, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations Lee! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Lee! I also ran out of thread for my friendship sampler. Same as you, just a few letters left to do. Wish I had known about the free shipping deal. Oh well...

    OK, what happened over the weekend? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auuugh! So close and yet so far! It will look so wonderful, it will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty! I don't blame you for waiting on the right color :-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your piece looks wonderful, but would I have been tearing out my hair or what over not having enough thread. Hope that the thread makes it to you soon. Mary Kathryn gets things out quick, so hopefully have it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its beautiful! Lovely! Loved the bear story too. Laughed out loud. Can we feed the bears when I come? LOL
    www.octobereves.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hate it when that happens! It looks great....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colors and work! I'll have to get this one as when I sang in the church choir we sang a version of this-pretty song.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The same thing just happened to me with my Something Sweet, Lee. I would be finished with it by now, if I hadn't run out of "Scuppernong" (who thinks of these color names?!)...

    It is looking so beautiful--I'll be you'll hate to see it come to an end.

    ReplyDelete