Saturday, June 19, 2010

Feast or Famine

That's what my blog has become.  It feels like I either post constantly with loads to say and one picture after another, or else I disappear for days and come back with nothing at all significant to tell you.  Oh no.  I've just now told you that this post will be insignificant.  Way to shoot myself in the foot.

First of all, our overnight at the beach last weekend was fabulous and fantastic. After a quick stop in Paoli to pick up a stereo receiver (more about that in another post), it was a quick drive to Stone Harbor and we were actually sitting on the beach by 4PM.

Then dinner with my mom, brother and nephew and then we drove into Wildwood to walk on the boardwalk.  I used to love its total trashiness and it had been over 10 years since I had been "on the boards" and I have good news my friends:


It's even trashier than ever.  But in a wonderful way. 














Spent a bit of time on the beach again Sunday morning, then headed off the island by lunchtime.  But not without stopping at Pat's Lunch, because we just had to see if Pat was still around.  Bless him, Pat is 99 years old and still working the counter at his little place.  Fantastic cheesesteaks by the way.  Not cheap, but always tasty.  Loads of soups, but don't let that little unit in the window fool you....there was no A/C, so soup was not going to be a good choice. 


I'm serious.  99 years old.

The drive home was NOT good.  We've decided that we won't be traveling on I95 at any time during the weekend ever again.  When it's clear, I95 is a breeze and the fastest way to most shore points for us.  But when there's any teeny tiny little tie up?  It's amazing that a 6 hour trip on Saturday can take 9 hours on a Sunday. 


Sorry that I don't have any stitching to show you today.  I've actually picked out more stitches than I've put in these days.  While I appreciate all of you who had nice things to say about my signature on LoHaRose, I've decided to pick my initials out and start over.  If I just use my L.O. initials, instead of ELO, I should be able to use the quirkier lettering and make my signature less noticable.

Feh.  I also miscounted the 4th of July Quaker heart, so when I got near the end, my heart was decidedly NOT heart shaped.  Pick, rip, pick.

Oh and thank you very much Miss Aury for a 2010 version of this design.  It's SO not fair that these designers are spitting out things faster than I can stitch them...

7 comments:

  1. That does look like a fun place! Sorry the drive back was such a nightmare! Good luck playing chicken with the frogs you've been experiencing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time except for the drive ... I remember how much of a bear I-95 can be ...

    Look forward to seeing more of your stitching in the future!

    Have a great rest of the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a new look to your blog! I have to check out the new templates. It's terrible that I'm a Jersey girl and have never been to a boardwalk. Since my parents were born and bred midwesterners, they never connected with the shore thing. Pat's lunch looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I-95 runs through my city. Most days it's ok. After a NASCAR race or Pepsi 500, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You threw me there with your new look blog! looking good BTW :-)

    Sounds like a good trip apart from the drive.
    Look forward to your stitchy update next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get me drunk and watch the show.... Okay. Do people actually buy t-shirts like that? It sounds like you had a great time on your trip! I agree about the I-95. I drive it quite a bit and I never enjoy it. It's the kind of road that will put the fear of God in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any job done right, takes time, Jackie and your blocks are just beautiful. I actually like the look of yo-yos (or maybe it's just the cute name?!!)... Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete