Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I love summer holidays

Because that one leeeetle extra day off can make a world of difference in what I can accomplish.  It wouldn't work that way if I had every Monday off.  I'd fill the day with things that I had to do, and then it would become just like any other day.  But there's something about a holiday Monday that makes the weekend so much more relaxing. 

And what's more relaxing than playing with this?  BBD's Summer Basket.  So much fun!  And it's going rather quickly, too, considering that I haven't put that much time into it.  I'm so glad that I bought this last Labor Day.  It's really the perfect project for summertime.


 Oh...by the way.  The mouse?  To steal directly from Monty Python:

He’s passed on. The mouse is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He’s a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. He’s pushing up daisies. His metabolic processes are now history. He’s off the twig. He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible. HE IS AN EX-MOUSE.

None the less, I'm taking the advice of many of you wise bloggers and not fooling myself into thinking that there was only one mouse.  I can HOPE that there was only one, but I'm going to keep the traps around for a while.



 

15 comments:

  1. Summer Basket is coming along very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your BBD piece is lovely! You're right -- perfect for summer! Glad the mouse is gone -- hope he was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer Basket looks wonderful. And there is something to be said about the extra day. I'm a SAHM, but yet, if everyone is one for more than those two days, I seem to get more crafty things accomplished.

    Glad that the mouse is gone and is the only one around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making great progress! It IS a perfect summer piece.

    LOL on your Monty Python reference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funny. I mean the Monty Python stuff. I was just thinking about that movie recently and I can't remember why but it was for the quote "I'm not dead yet." HAVE to rent that movie! I'm sad for your mouse but we had to deal with the same thing with a mouse in our stove. We were in the living room and we heard a big "whack" when he got caught in the trap. Your stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty summer piece!

    Eek on the mouse/mice thing. I never had mice in any of my abodes till we moved here. I was carrying laundry upstairs and met a mouse staring at me from the upstairs landing. I don't know who was more shocked, him or me. Unfortunatly, he was not alone and apparently had invited many of his friends and family to his new house. There's nothing like lying in the tub and seeing something furry dart across the room. The guys at the hardware store laughed at me because I kept going in to buy more things to try to rid us of our unwanted guests--these were very resilient mice. Finally they went to their great reward when we put down poison. I won't tell you what it smelled like when one got caught under the built in wardrobe after dining on the poison... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just have to rub it in don't you, Lee :) Would you believe the library WASN'T closed on Monday so I had to work! I swear, the director would have us open on Christmas and Easter if she could!! Glad you enjoyed your day off--I really love your new piece. It is so soft and peaceful looking...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holiday stitching is always the best! I find its when I'm most productive because I've got this extra day to take advantage of.

    Your WIP is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your BBD piece is gorgeous.

    And the mouse story was too funny, glad it is gone hope there aren't any more ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This piece is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice stitching! And thanks for the chuckle from the Monty Python- I forget how brilliant they were!

    ReplyDelete